Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ladies Night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I could not agree with you more.
    I meet my wife of 21 years now when I was a single paernt with two kids, and living with my parents.
    We meet while I was taking my kids camping.
    Mrs jalopy crewed on my Road race cars for many years, and has always been supportive of my gear head projects. When I made the transition from Road racer to Hot Rodder in 2005 she joined in, and my first build the 54 is her truck.
    Yes having the right partner, and the kids makes life great. It is a reward far greater that any race series won.

jim h

3. belair

belair

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very touching, thanks

(I need to start hanging out at K-Mart I guess :D )

5. That is such a cool story,,,,:)

I really think sometimes we don't give the women in our lives the credit they so richly deserve,,,

I could not dream of being at this point in my life without my wife,,,she has ALWAYS supported me in whatever path I wanted to follow.

The people here that know Brenda can attest to that fact.

We were childhood sweethearts and have grown up and older together,,,,36 years of marrage,,,2 kids and 3 grandkids. HRP

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very cool. I know that most of us would not be able to do what we if we did not have that person by our side. I also owe everything to my wife Davina, because she keeps that drive within me so strong. Like I said Mark, very cool story and I'm glad everything is working out for the best. Single Dad stories always have a special place for me. You done well my friend.

7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Excellent ..........Here I am Denise.....

8. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

Gosh Mark... now I need a Kleenex.
    Yep, I know Kelly - "one-of-a-kind"! It's so true, our "better-halfs" put up with a lot, my Rosie sure does. Even though it's not exactly her thing, it really couldn't be my thing without her patience and understanding. Next month is our 22nd anniversary - I too have "one-of-a-kind"!!!

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Very Nice!

I too am lucky, My wife is completely supportive of my, or should I say our hobby. She is currently working on a 32 Ford pickup for herself.

10. casper

casper

How true! Every man should be as lucky. My wife has supported my "habbit" for 26 years and I appreciate her so much. I believe life is much richer and fuller with an awesome partner. Mark, you are to be commended for giving props to Kelly. I also want to say....Whoever catches Denise is going to get a home run!

11. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Very very cool!

Every Mothers day my wifes "thing to do" is load up the three kids and us in the wagon and go to breakfast. Not just breakfast, she likes to take a Sunday AM cruise and not out in the country, in town. This last Mothers day she said, I want everyone to see our family cruising around in this car. I love it and want to show off.......... That pretty much says it all. Without supportive wifes we could not spend the money or time on our hobby that we do.

12. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Couldn't agree more Mark. My lovely wife and I met about 14 years ago and have been married now for almost 12. We had both been through two failed marriges. She was not a car person. In fact she was raised in a family that DID NOT spend money on frivolous things. So my hobby was a bit of a culture shock for her. The thing that turned her around was not the cars, it was the people. She loves people and the car community has captured her heart, you won't find her checking out the rides at an event, she'll be visiting and making new friends. Third time has been the charm for the both of us.

GV

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Right on Mark!
    We're coming up on our 11th anniversary soon, I'm lucky my wife enjoys cars as well.

Nice to get to know you a little bit Royalshifter, thanks for sharing yourself and Kelly with us this morning.

14. I met Mark in the 90's and when i got to his house i found in was like stepping back in time, His wife and he have an amazing house, its like walking into 1950 again right down to the matching sea foam grean ( new ) washer and dryer. They were both kind and honest people and you could tell they both were into the hobby and each other, Mark has some amazing cars and there house is warm and friendly. Mark if you read this it was a pleasure knowing you and i hope we meet again some time, Kevin from the Pharoahs Motown now Albuquerque NM.

15. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Nice story Mark. We're headed out in a few minutes for our wedding anniversary weekend. Been 16 years now and we always spend it in the same place we got married, at a Rod Run. ;)

16. pitman

pitman

Anyone who wishes to write, would gain much from reading the epistles of St Royal and Brother Cochran! :eek:
    Nice stuff guys!

17. Von Franco

Von Franco

Mark and Kelly are the real deal.and Im glad to have them as my friends...............

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I was lucky enough to have met Mark and Kelly on several occasions, they are good people.
    I also have been married for 14 years and my wife Gloria is the bomb and very supportive of my car obsession.

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a great story, Mark. Thank you!

Malcolm

20. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

im glad you wrote this. my wife and i came from shit, and she's been supportive of me all along in finding the way out of it. you're article made me remember and appreciate that. thanks.

-scott noteboom

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Wow Mark, you picked a subject very dear to my heart. My wife Sharon is the anchor of our family. We were highschool sweethearts and will celebrate our 44th anniversiary the 26th of next month.
    This marriage is probably a showcase of the typical marriage, ups and downs, with way more ups . She has supported me through a few job changes and this automotive obsession without wavering a second. After deciding that working for someone else didn't fit my personality I started the first of 3 businesses that we've had and with her help managed to live a comfortable life until July 13, 1988 when disaster struck. I was injured in an industrial accident that took 5 years to recover from. All during that time she never wavered in her dedication to me and along with some wonderful surgeons and medical staff, a firm belief in God and his grace, I'm here today with 80+% of what I had before the accident.
    I could go on for pages but I'll just conclude, "I love you Sharon".

Frank

22. gilty

gilty
    from Pacific NW

Thanks for a great guest shot Mark.
    My wife and I hit 15 years yesterday - very timely indeed.

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Mark you are so right,,,

Altho my wife is not so much into the cars and the "Scene" she knows that this is my passion and supports me 100% and loves me and all my hot rod baggage.. Thats
    why I love my beautiful wife... we will be celebrating our 9th year of being married
    and 13th year being together. She really is my soul mate and keeps me going....

The Skippers are true friends....thanks for having such good hearts

24. Lucky77

Lucky77

Good stuff Mark.

I was married to a non car girl who just assumed I would clear out the garage after the honeymoon was over. Well, she's gone and there's three more cars than when she left. I've been dating LuckysGal for a few years now and I can't believe how much easier your life is when your partner understands and shares an interest in your passion. It makes life pretty sweet.

25. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

"I met my baby in a used car lot, Drinking cheap wine and throwin rocks"
    "Magic on wheels baby you know I got it, Shaking like loose change in my pocket"

Actually met her at a S.C.O.T.S. show but it is nice to have similar intrest, taste's,passion for all the "FINGER LICK'N GOOD" things that life can offer.

And the Pride of Tejas sum's it up best "Junior Brown"
    "I'm the King of the road she's the Queen of the house and it may not be a palace. But it sure beats a load by the side of the road.Broke down south of Dallas"

26. Me too on the lucky beyond belief bit.

I'm a bit of an introvert and Sweetie's been my ticket to meeting people, being more outward oriented and I've been her ticket to many adventures.
    One of them, a bit much, but we came through mostly unscathed.

How many white-gloved debs do you know who owned her own dirt bike and has her own rifle from long before I met her.

Not many I'll wager.

She is my best friend and that's more important than most realize.

There's a story in there somewhere....;)

27. MOCO559

MOCO559

i smell cupcakes...skipper i wouldn't put up with you! props to ladyshifter.

touching story.

28. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

RIGHT ON MARK!!!
    I realize how blessed I am to have an awesome wife who is SO supportive of my automotive endeavors... Just knowing that she understands what makes me tick, accepts the fact that I help run or go to hot rod shows for half the Summer weekends, and am always looking for the next pile of rust to drag home. *She just gets it.* And thats the best feeling in the world.

[​IMG]

29. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Your a lucky guy. There is nothing like the love of a good woman... and 2 killer hotrods.

- Joe

30. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Got me a good one too! They are out there! Great story!