Register now to get rid of these ads!

America's Most Beautiful Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2008.

1. froghawk

froghawk

Great idea, Ryan!

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

So...I assume that right now Ryan is curled up hiding in a show car's trunk, waiting to hear the night watchman snoring so he can sneak out and bestow the award...
    Cool.

3. ktscustom

ktscustom

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, only Buck is gonna make us give the award all proper like. The details haven't really been worked out yet. But we have a KILLER trophy.

I should mention too.. Buck is pretty dedicated to keeping the traditional of this show alive. I was really impressed with some of the things he said. Made me kind of warm inside.

5. All I can say is "GET ER DONE"

6. You mean we are legit? Not just a bunch of hoodlums?!:D;)

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

All of this legitimate stuff is gonna ruin our image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:rolleyes:B

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Great idea! Who cares if they get pissed off!

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

John is a great guy. If you need some on-site help, let me know.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a much needed attempt to show the masses (most of which haven't got a clue as to the roots of hot rodding) what they missed by not being there. I'm not claiming any "roots" for the passion but having read my first Hot Rod Magazine in 1951 I've sure seen the straying away from tradition as the years slipped by. Not complaining, it's the way things go, but a resurgence of the themes of the old days are sure a welcome change as I'm midway through the 6th decade of my life.
    Give 'em hell Ryan.........................make it happen!!!!!:cool:

Frank

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Us legit? If that were the case, I wouldn't be typing in my underwear right now.

12. 39delux

39delux

Great idea. It's about time that the truely beautiful roadsters got the proper recognition.

Tom

13. so if we are at the show how do we get to vote>>>?? tug on Ryans sleve!!!

14. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Ryan - thanks for that visual...

Do we at least get a sneak preview of the 'killer trophy'?

15. retro54

retro54
    from PA

viva la revolution!.... this sounds like not only a good and exciting idea for the above mentioned reasons, but also because it gives us East Coast guys a way to activly participate in the show... without having to live vicaroiously through magazine coverage 1-2 months after the event has happened... I'm very excited as well... looking forward to everything!

16. kookee

kookee

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION !!!!!!!

B:eek:B

18. Ewwwwwwwwwww!?:eek:

19. Cargo

Cargo

America, what a country! I have heard so many debates and read so many comments from the sidelines of car shows about the "winner". Don't expect the debate to stop at the HAMB choice either, but you have a great idea here.
    Ryan, you have offered a simple solution in a short article that should have been done long ago, hats off to doing it now. The power of the internet, and sheer numbers of loyal HAMBers will make this happen, along with your obvious grit. This is exactly what I have heard said many times, and on occasion used it myself, "Never point out a problem, without offering a possible solution". Here's to adding a new chapter to the history of the HAMB.

Cheers

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No it's not, it's a nice visual. :D

21. glmke

glmke

i agree with you ryan,lets do it

22. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Make sure you clean that trophy off before you present it to someone... :D

23. When and where will the HAMB selection committee be chosen? This will be my first GNRS, but by no means my first indoor Hot Rod Show. That took place in 1958!
    There will be lots of us from outside SoCal there, and I'd like to see a diverse group chosen...or better yet, everyone in attendance involved.

24. Come on! Let's see it.

25. Just last night I had out a bunch of old magazines I keep for reference, and was looking at, for instance, the first HOT ROD, the 25th and 50th anniversety issues.
    I got to thinking how much Hot Rod had changed. To the point that I don't subscribe anymore, because it dosen't work for me. That magazine has changed to cater to a rather narrow audience. The same has happened with the GNRS. It has become a lot like the Autoramas were when all you saw was some sort of novelty car.
    The new style GNRS winners are almost like novelty cars in that they have to have certain styles or parts in order to compete.
    Do you think the Highland plating special would stand a chance today? Can anyone say it's not a beautifuly built car?
    Doan Spencer's car couldn't get in the door, and those kinds of cars are what we are all about, so I see nothing wrong at all in having another trophy aimed at awarding the styles that we are following.
    It's not like we don't have enough awsome talent to choose from, a lot of the HAMB cars put this year's GNRS winner to shame. Just my humble opinion....Thanks, Mike

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

You've got your keyboard in your underwear? KINKY

27. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I'm with you Ryan, for the HAMB

28. poorboy

poorboy

i forgot about this thread but im glad it was brought back up and that its still happening!!

29. He CALLS it a keyboard, we know otherwise;)