Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical got a build thread going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Nov 25, 2011.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank God! I suggested it once and was severely chastised. I think some segmenting of the different topics will make the HAMB much more user friendly. Thanks!

My build thread url is at the bottom. Feel free to change thread title to 41 Plymouth Restorod Build

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Great idea for a thread. Reading some of the posts helps put my build's sporadic nature into perspective.
    Good luck to all here, may you soon be enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  3. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

4. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

5. duste01

duste01

I actually have two going. One is in the signature, and the other one there are no pictures of because I have to keep both hands on the wheel as I drive it.

6. Zerk

Zerk

My favorite is the "Back in Black" '63 Dodge moredoor. Almost every underbody structural part has been replaced, fabricated and replaced, reinforced or improved in some fashion. There is a lot more sanitary work done to this thing than many of the traditional builds.

The text and pics in the thread should be considered a guide to what can be done when your project falls off the map, with a lot of hard work and some creatively scavenged parts. I wish that I could've read it years ago, when my own Mopar project was needlessly abandoned.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545292&highlight=hackerbilt+back+in+black

There are TWO threads titled "Back in Black" and both are excellento. I just happen to relate to this one.

7. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

I have a bunch of pics ready for my AV8 build thread but im stuck on how to post the pictures in the thread. I should get on it.....

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I guess I might as well get in on this :) .

I'm building a mild custom out of my '49 Ford Coupe . I've got some stuff started , but a bunch more things planned . It will be my daily driver when finished (probably even before it's finished ;) ) .

My build thread :

Mr. Palumbo's Shoebox project

9. robleticia

robleticia

Mine is in my signature

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

11. Voh

Voh

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  14. wsdad

wsdad

To the moderators...

I really like this idea but it sounds like it will take your constant maintenance and use up some of your valuable time.

Idea 1:
    You know those prefixes that you can choose, such as, "Hot Rods", Customs", Technical", etc?

How about a new prefix entitled, "Build Thread?"

You wrote, "in a week or so one of us mods will move this thread to the Tech Archives
    we can update this thread with new links as they come in."

A "Build Thread" prefix would be maintenance free on your part. The original posters would maintain it. Or is that what the, "Projects" prefix is supposed to be?

Idea 2:
    You could move the build thread to the tech archive, as you originally said, but grant the original posters permission to moderate just the one thread of theirs. I don't know if that's possible with the forum's current technology. But that way, each poster could filter out all the, "Looking good" comments themselves, leaving the meat of the thread in place. The, "Looking good" comments could stay in the original threads on the main forum. That would free up the moderators to do other things.

By the way, thanks for all the hard work and time y'all have put into this forum. It has provided tens of thousands of people countless hours of enjoyment. That's pretty cool.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  15. banginona40

banginona40

16. toxictom

toxictom

17. tbird37821

tbird37821

18. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

19. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid