Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Bucket List for 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Bucket List for 2017

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim and HEMI32 like this.
  2. Most of my 2016 was okay, got the Ford running and driving, sorted out quite a bit. The October heart attack was high on my fuck-it list, but I'm on the mend.

For 2017 I'm looking to go out 10' with the back of my garage and relocate the machine shop. This gives me another open bay for another project or one for my brother. Also a privacy fence between the house and garage, some minor house fix-its.

3. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Get the 57 Handyman finished, find/buy/build a real 32 5W. Do all the El Mirage meets again, and do speed week at Bonneville.

4. Didn't accomplish much this year what with life getting in the way. But next year I hope to finally finish the interior in my 56 Chevy I have had over 20 years and never finished, then I plan on finishing up my 34 Ford pickup truck, just lacking interior and finish painting and working out the bugs. Then I need to finish the 65 Corvette I stopped working on a few years back and get it on the road. If I can accomplish all that then I plan to blow apart my 32 coupe and rebuilt it in a much better manner.
    Sure is a lot of ambition for an old man, but as they say, hope springs eternal.

5. The biggest thing we got accomplished in 2016 was moving back to Rapid City. I've longed to live back here for a long time and God finally worked it out. I have a lot of house projects I need to get done in 2017 mainly a shower in our basement. I know that's not hot rod stuff but it does need to be put on the goal list for 2017.
    I do have the 29 in the garage awaiting some much-needed improvements.

I am going to relocate the engine about 2 inches forward which will allow me to move my firewall a total 4 inches forward and free up some leg room.

I am also going to put a heater in the 29 so I can it enjoy it more year round.

Also need to freshen up the clutch packs in the rear end of the 29 as they are very weak and one wheel burnouts at the drags are not cool.

As usual I'll get sidetracked and be lucky if I get one of these things accomplished.

Don't really have any plans for the 51 Hudson except to drive it. Although it needs some work I'll just enjoy it the way that it is for a while. It runs and drives great.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bobss396 and Malcolm like this.
  6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

2016 has been a great year - made another road trip to Bonneville Speed Week and finally ran an 11-second pass at the HAMB Drags (won lowest ET in Gas Roadster Class). Both in the same car!

14125737_10208318343408460_3212995723188707547_o.jpg

13995611_10208245474346779_5362885347615990998_o.jpg

Jay, I hear ya on the bigger garage part. Finally got started on that project, myself. After working out of a single-car garage for the past 13+ years, I'm building a detached garage. Current progress:

15288608_10209207728362528_5113035722998535547_o.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  7. Ya did good Nick...I know you'll enjoy the new shop space..

Malcolm and falcongeorge like this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Renovate my other house, and build another 4 bay shop up there. There's also a BIG basement workshop, thinking about cutting out the wall, adding a header and putting a roll-up garage door in the basement wall, so I can put whatever the current project is in the basement. There's already a 3 bay there, so I will end up with a good amount of space.

mad mikey, Malcolm and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. trollst

trollst

First, get through the year, literally cause I just about didn't get through this year, next, get to some car shows and drag races I've always wanted to see. All in my roadster pickup, more trips with my wife, 5th wheel in tow, celebrate the fact that I'm still here to further aggravate those around me. Meet some new folks, see fellow hamber's spaces, life is good.

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

retired January 1,
    got the roadster on the road,
    sold off a bunch of my collection of cars and parts
    and pretty much took the year off.

no specific plan for 2017

11. I got big plans.

Need to install a rebuilt engine in my 31 pickup and do the interior.

Need to build my 34 pickup

Also want to do the metal work on my roadster body and build a 32 frame. Those are my get done for me plans. Lots of other things will happen for others I am sure.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Malcolm and Paul like this.
  12. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I hate B***** L****
    For the last 18 years I have been preaching to all my friends to do the things you want to do because life is too short. That is because for the last 18 years I have had Leukemia as my time reminder
    So last year we took the Salt Circus to SpeedWeek blew the motor
    At the same time more photos for the new calendar
    Worked on my office in my 30 X 40 shop that after 2 years is almost full of cars and shit
    Had Mctim build me a Y Block so I will work on my 54 Country Squire
    Got the front suspension almost good on the Ute
    Got the 40 truck inline for the auto to 4 speed swap
    Gonna sell the 59 Panel and 63 Comet to pay for the work on the 54
    Oh that is next year.
    And last thing for this year because I have been so busy, I want to walk through the local junk yards just to look

Caprice89 likes this.
  13. Bluedot

Bluedot

My lifestyle (I'm 71) has never supported more than one hotrod at a time, and I've never had a "shop" per se. All work has been in our various house attached garages through the years, sharing space with our daily drivers. Currently squeezing 3 cars in an oversized 2-car garage. A little challenging for me, but it has also been a hassle for my bride, and she has graciously put up with it...and me.
    So on the list for 2017 is to build a separate shop in our backyard, which will free up the garage somewhat, and give me much more space for car work. Can't really afford it, but we're beginning to think "If not now, when?" There goes some of our son's inheritance. :eek:
    Also on the list - a long overdue real vacation (Hawaii) with my bride for our 50th this summer. Plus a nomination for her sainthood - hard to believe anyone could live with me for half a century!

Late to the Party likes this.
  14. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Finally get Sat. off for 2017, go to more car shows , hang out with other Gear Heads when ever the Mrs.okays it, and start another project

15. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

2016 was a great year. I got my coupe painted and on the road and was able to use it and participate in the colorado hill climb.
    In 2017 I am going to put a top on the coupe and interior. I would like to make the dirt drags and the Hillclimb again. Hope to go to Bonneville and watch also. As far as projects I am going to have to work on upkeep on my other cars. Everyone of them needs something. Neglected all of them last year pushing so hard to get the coupe on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Dodge Brother

Dodge Brother

2016 - Finally made it to Speed Week........Must go back.
    - Finally had a car to drive over the summer bought 1948 Pontiac coupe
    2017 - Go back to Bonneville
    - Get my 41 Chevy pick up on the road
    Life is good!

17. 2016 was a good year, TROG West was probably the hilite. 2017 goals are to drive my roadster to Texas for the Round Up, make it to Bonneville and back to TROG West.

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Lost the trans in the Lincoln back in May at the second show I carried it to this year. Decided since I had to pull the engine and trans together anyway, I'd go ahead and put my 302 Ford in that I really wanted in there instead of the Chevy 350. Been working on it when I have time, got the steering changed to power with a tilt column, and got the 302 and AOD trans set in, but no farther. We are raising our 3.75 year old Grandson, so I have had to help the wife with him a lot of the time that I could have been working on the car. I don't have much home time since I truck for a living, so it's hard to find the time to get going on the car.

Hope to get it back on the road sometime this year. A cousin has offered me some used lumber left over from building his new shop, so I will probably be going after that when I can. I want to build a 20' by 35" open carport onto my existing carport to have more work room and get some vehicles out of the weather. I can always enclose it later on. Got a lot of home/land owner stuff I need to do, too.

And that doesn't count keeping up the wife's driver and my pickup, as well as keeping the semi up, too. I need about 3 clones of me to just keep up with stuff!

19. harris73085

harris73085

2016 - Got my father's 64 corvette road worthy. Started a new job and found a place with an oversized garage to tinker in.

2017- Put finishing touches on Vette. Take it to relics riot and hot rod power tour. Spend more time cruising and start a car club with my buddies.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. 2016 was a OK year, raced the coupe all summer, got to some shows, but was not able to do Drag Week as planned. So for 2017, would like to do drag week, other racing events and get to more shows. If I can keep my junk in one piece. LOL.:eek::D

21. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got my shop done this year which allows me to get back to progress. Trip to Bonneville again of course. Maybe the roadster will go next year. Dougs Phone 2016 053.JPG 12-20 040.JPG

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

2016 was a good year, got the 1912 T running after sitting in the corner for 17 years, were did that time go? Let my 4 year old grandson drive it in low gear, that was one of the high points of the year. Cleaned up a lot of garage and basement stuff, lots of open floor space now. Got to the GNRS and Pebble Beach for the first time, major Bucket List items.

2017 Goals:

1939 Ford Pickup cab blasted and in paint ready primer

1929 Steelback blasted and in sealer, wood kit installed, Steadfast kickup in subfloor installed

1930 Roadster, anything that is considered progress

Bucket List items to someday check off :

Bonneville Speed Week, Speedy Bills Collection in Lincoln, Nebraska ,

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Retire and build a shop big enough to work in but small enough to afford and pay as I go.
    I'd like to have my roadster project finished this summer as it is simple and inexpensive. The tires will probably be the largest single expense on it. With six inches of snow on the ground and no shop to work in progress is slow.

24. 2016 was a great year for me, and one that I will remember for ever. Finished up my deuce 3 window and put it on the road. Crossed off a lot of things on my bucket list.
    Drove it to Kansas for the KKOA event
    Drove it to KC for Greaserama and to Pete & Jakes open house
    Drove the 3 window with my wife out to the LARS.
    Drove it to Colorado with some good buddies for the Hill climb
    Drove it to Speed week with my son-in-law riding shotgun
    Just flat out drove the crap out of it and loved every bit of it. over 13K miles this summer on it.
    Got to fly out to TROG west and hang out with some great new friends.

I am thinking I need to start a NEW BUCKET LIST as the old one is getting short...
    See ya all on the road in 2017

25. squirrel

squirrel

I had plenty of automotive fun this year.

I wonder what next year will bring? I like it best when new things pop up....

Paul likes this.
  26. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

2017: -----I'm in the planning stages of building a 3 stall garage at the home we recently bought & moved into....got most of it worked out, and very excited about it...''A REAL GARAGE''....I'm stoked big time about having some real space to do things on my cars without tripping over myself!

Also....gonna get more involved in my church's outreach....I've made friends with a couple of young 16-19 year old kids at church, who are into cars, but not knowing much of anything about them....I've got an old 52' Ford that I am going to work on with them on weekends (it needs lots of work), and see if I can kindle a real spark of fun & interest with them...I think they are open to it from conversations, and I'll have the space....We don't have kids of our own, so it's my way of reaching out to the younger set and pass on some potential car stuff to an open mind in need of car knowledge.....I'm actually looking forward to it!

..................still gotta rewire my 1914 Oldsmobile too....it's gettin' time for it.

House modifications are the plans for rest of the time....the wife put her foot down about it!:eek:

The37Kid likes this.
  27. This year I took my T-V8 from being a rolling frame to an almost-finished car.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/t-v8-build-thread.1011604/

My goal for 2017 is to finish it and have some fun on the road with it. A buddy and I attended the HAMB Drags at MOKAN this past summer, and I intend to participate in lots more HAMB-related activities next year. It should be a lot more fun going to those events in a REAL Hot Rod!!! :D:D:D

28. Kinda started a list last month but wasn't thinking of it as bucket anything. I just work better with a list..
    Rebuild both carbs on my little o.t. 356
    Build the 1.2 scale bed for my one ton dually '51 GMC -- looking for a gmc logo tailgate that I will widen for it, in case someone has one?
    Make the '24 Olds driveable and then peck away at its interior
    Still looking for an AD Suburban to make into a daily, so lots of this list could be scrapped if I find one.
    Wish me luck

29. 51 mercules

51 mercules

In 2016 I got my 42 WLA Running!
    Acquired a 29 Roadster and had the seat upholster!
    In 2017!
    Get my merc running.
    Finish the upholstery, get my 39 trans and quick change installed in my 29 Roadster and get it ready for TROG West.
    Get 42 WLA running better for TROG West!

Attached Files: