Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration LOWTECH: Issue #1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Marc's photography is second-to-none. Going by some of the photos he has posted online, he had quite the year in California. I'm looking forward to seeing this book!

Malcolm

3. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks for the heads up Ryan, I put it on my Christmas list.

4. Wow. I mean, wow. Thank you so much Ryan. Yes, I had the time of my life in California and this book/magazine is my attempt of distilling some of my favorite hot rod and custom related memories and putting them on paper. So, in short, if you like what you see on my LOWTECH blog, you'll like the book.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  5. autobilly

autobilly

6. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

Marc and Violetta are great people. Hope they make it back to the USA one day. The cover photo of Lawrence Orlick's merc on the beach was a great day. We pulled up to pismo with 6 or 7 classics, drove onto the sand, I surfed, my 4 year old played in the sand, and then the sunset just turned out perfect for Marc to do what he does best! People were so confused that we had a bunch of old cars on the sand! I think the tide even came up and washed under Lawrence's merc a couple times! Great day!

7. I have been following Lowtech blog for a few years always great postings and stellar photography.

8. If there's more coverage on that badass, slammed '51 Merc I'm definitely getting a copy!

9. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

F#^%$g Aye! I like the look of this. A. Lot. Thanks Ryan, I guess I'm NOT worth a damn because this is the first I've seen of it... but I will be looking now.

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

Love that site!

11. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Done just ordered will see?

12. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Sometimes you meet people that really leave an impression. Mark and Violetta are two of those people. Cynthia (my wife) and I feel lucky to have met them and spend some time together this last year before they left for home.

Mark is a very talented guy so buy his book; support his art. Violetta had just started her company called Amorica before they left the states. It is hand made leather goods for everyday use (iPhone cases, sunglass cases, et.). Check it out and go to her website and get someone you love a piece of Amorica.

http://www.amoricaleatherworks.com/goods/

13. Shawn, that day was unforgettable! And cruising down town afterwards with the whole crew was the perfect ending.

Thank you, Jimmy B!

I wish I had more photos of that Merc but the Mooneyes X-mas show was the only time I saw it...

Thanks!

Order shipped.

Thank you John! This means a lot to me. And Violetta will be stoked. :cool:

Btw. You can also get your copy from my new little webstore in case you don't like courier services. I'll ship it from a regular post office to your door step. Might also be a bit cheaper for some european orders.

14. Nobey

Nobey

15. Thanks for the link Nobey. There are indeed some photos from that slideshow in the book.

16. Christmas list. Kids always wonder what to get me - so - This will do nicely.

Thank you.

Cosmo

17. austinhunt

austinhunt

Lets see how much my fiancée loves me! Hope I don't get socks for Christmas!