Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Outrunning History...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Nice!!!! That snapshot makes being up this early worth it!

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

I am so glad I was able to stand at the staging area and watch Kerry's runs. The whole crowd was so happy for him and we clapped and cheered and whistled and hooted and hollered after he made those last two passes.

4. Kerry has got it in spades doesn't he!!!

I think that maybe just for thought one should make a distinction between nostalgia racing and vintage racing. or maybe smeone doing it the hard way and someone else hanging a vintage looking body on a modern body and calling it "nostalgia".

The nice thing about the HAMB Drags nationals and the HAMB on general.Th overwhelming majority doing it the hard way, vintage at its best.

Anyway not to stir the hornets nest, just something that is on my mind.

Great shot great thought my young friend.

5. put the milk back in the fridge...

6. For those so inclined ... the entire '58 event program is available for your reading pleasure in my The 1958 NHRA Nationals thread ... just click the thumbnail:

'58EventProgram-thumb.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Rad.

HEMI32 likes this.
  8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I remember seeing the Green Monster run-----it was kinda odd because it didn't spin the tires!!

9. Model T1

Model T1

Got Milk? While writing this Ryan drank the rest of the milk from the carton and now has a milk mustache. :D Poor kid drank water.

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

That last run was such a good moment. It really was a punctuation mark on the trip for me.

11. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

A really impressive performance. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it all play out. Here's an outtake from the calm before the story (aka final run).

Attached Files:

12. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I'm not big on using the the term epic. But it fits here.... Kerry's Last run was Epic. So glad I got to see it.

13. The Vagabonds are proud to have Kerry as part of our family. The worlds fastest Mennonite!

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

And as he was getting latched in on one of his runs he looked up as his kid was latching him in and I was trying to take a "cool" photo with my iPhone and I could see his smile thru his helmet and his 'eyes' said "Hi Chris"........Very cool to see that you posted about him today.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

15. catdad49

catdad49

This is cool stuff. Like the explanation of drag racing in the '58 program. Hemi32 is one lucky guy. Thanks for post and keep drinking your milk Ryan.

16. If the HAMB was a game, then in my mind Kerry is the players player, as he leads by example, and have the greatest of respect for him and his achievements.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

17. autobilly

autobilly

Cool thought Boss.

18. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Yup, two thumbs up for Kerry. I've visited with him a few times, and I can tell you he's the real deal. A hard working, no BS kind of guy.

19. flamingokid

flamingokid

Ingenuity in action says it best.