Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Default I am taking them to the trailer park with me!!

Guys,
I am looking for your opinions,... Been told that I am crazy for my way of thinking. My business and Dream Job (Cowtown speed shop) has slowed way down in the last year, Almost Barely keeping the doors open....I have worked my ass off and give up alot to get what I have. And I still have little kids at home, Hell I got one that will be born in march of next year...LOL....Anyhow I have cut my overhead down about all I can....I have had some say "Well you can always sell one or All of your hot rods if things get real bad" I say..Fuck That!!...I am taking them to the trailer park with me!....First off If things get really bad, Who is going to buy them??....prices are already way down on cars due to the fact No one has any money to spend. Or so it seems.....It has taken me 10 years of my life, of hard work and sweat, To get the cars that I currently have....I sure as hell am not going to just give them away to someone with a ton of money, So I can make a few house payments and pay the light bill, Nor Do I want my dream cars in their privite high dollar collections. Anyhow just wanted too see If I am crazy for wanting to keep my cars over my house..LOL...It has not come to that yet,

Last edited by Cowtown Speed Shop; 10-05-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: BS politics
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Dirty2
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: I am taking them to the trailer park with me!!

I'm with ya Bro , been struggling with my business also . But hang in there , it has to get better .

If you didnt build it " Shut Up "

" I'm to old to get what I want and to young to give up trying "
me "

www.texasnostalgianationals.com
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Flathead Johnny

What are you thinking of doing...is the opinion you need if its a good idea to move to a trailer park. If so I would avoid it if you can based on my past experience as a real estate agent, if you own your shop and its mix zone maybe you could convert some of it into a home and live onsite to cut out the need for a traditional home and save on a mortgage payment
1951 Flathead (needs warm body)
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
Flathead Johnny

in regards to selling your cars how many do you have? If you have a bunch keep one or two of your favorites and let the others go, your butt can only drive one at a time...when things get better you can grow your collection again
Old 10-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Jalopy Joker
Old School HAMBer

sucks that the economy is where it is at. we all have to do what we have to do to survive. priorities up to you and your family. BS about politics should go elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Johnny View Post
in regards to selling your cars how many do you have? If you have a bunch keep one or two of your favorites and let the others go, your butt can only drive one at a time...when things get better you can grow your collection again
They are all my favorites....It would be like picking which kids to keep!..LOL......I already know I am messed up in the head As I hold this stuff in way to high regard, But aside from my wife and kids I do not care about anything else....
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
cully33
Alliance Member

I love my cars too but I would not loose my house over them.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopy Joker View Post
BS about politics should go elsewhere.
Your right This is not the place to tell it like it is in our country, Some may get offended.....I will remove it...
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully33 View Post
I love my cars too but I would not loose my house over them.
Hell my house is not that nice anyhow....Needs paint, and my new neighbors suck!....LOL
Also, My thoughts are If things get real bad, what happens after I sell all my cars and that money runs out?....End up losing the house anyhow, Why put it off and lose everything I care about? I would rather Just go ahead and take the bull by the horns and get it over with, And try to keep my cars
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Rodhotz

Ya got to think how hard it is to come up with old cars but a house is like a politician...they are everywhere and a dime a dozen!!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
chopped51

There just cars,. They an be replaced. Took me over a half century to get the cars I have. But I'd sell them in a heart beat to look after my family.

1951 Merc Kustom
1950 Merc M1
1927 STEEL RPU
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped51 View Post
There just cars,. They an be replaced. Took me over a half century to get the cars I have. But I'd sell them in a heart beat to look after my family.
Everyone says that!!...And ofcourse I will look over my family, They always come first, But I can look over them in a trailer, just like I can in this house...Houses are replaceable as well......I think alot of people feel their house is their home, Not me! Too Me a house is just a house, My home is wherever My family is, And if that is a trailer or cardboard box, then I will call it home.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Flathead Johnny

trust me I know what you are saying, all my cars are favorites but if possible see them as objects if you can, my dad always quoted a song to me as I was growing up and still does to this day come to think of it. "You dont always get what you want, but if you try sometime you get what you need" Just think what you need and not what you want, you want your cars but you dont need them, you just need to take care of you family and the material things in the true sense are worth nothing at all. If you see it that way I think you will find you already have what you need and you can get rid of the rest
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
Flathead Johnny

at this point in the economy most are better off with money in the bank vs cars in the driveway, I rather have a instant cash reserve vs cars I need to sell asap to get money
Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #15
paleot

Hang tough brother we have an election coming in november,Maybe things will get better.
RETIRED IN A TRAILER AND LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
Rusty O'Toole
Old School HAMBer

You should know there are people who quit paying their mortgage and taxes 3 or 4 years ago and are still living in their houses. There are so many foreclosures the banks are scared to dump them all on the market at once. You wouldn't believe how many seemingly rich people, who owe $500,000 on what is now a $300,000 house, just say the hell with it and stop paying.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
stanlow69

Interesting thread. If I were you. I would work longer hours and do whatever it takes to make an extra buck. I guess it`s no different than having a cash reserve in the bank, don`t touch it unless it is absolutly nessasary. Suck it up and work your ass off, Do whatever it takes to get buy. But the first thing I`d do this weekend is start painting your house, Sometimes we don`t like to hear the real truth. This is just my opinion on this subject.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
rustynewyorker
Old School HAMBer

Yes, you could see if the bank will cut you a deal to let them take the house, then you rent it back for some cheap price so it doesn't stand empty. Make them give you like 6 months notice before they're going to sell.

But I just sold a car I've owned for at least six years when a guy made a good offer who seemed like he'd actually do the car better than I was. What the hell. I'd like to sell off almost all of them at this point.

I have old cars for sale. PM me or check the classified.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
jetslide
Grenade Inspector

dont get me wrong, but with the economy in US, (and many other places) i`m glad i`m sitting in a little country in europe. if shit happens, i will never have to sell my house, worry if i can pay the electric bill, because of the wealfare system here will provide for me and my family,
Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #20
Cowtown Speed Shop
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Johnny View Post
at this point in the economy most are better off with money in the bank vs cars in the driveway, I rather have a instant cash reserve vs cars I need to sell asap to get money
Not sure that I totally agree with that, But I never really new what it was like to have money in the bank, As I have always been able to find homes for those lonely extra dollar bills when I would get them....LOL.....I mainly started this thread to see how many guys here are as crazy as I am (who would keep the cars and get rid of the house) Looks like I am almost all alone on this one....LOL...Seriously, I am not going to go to no trailer park But if it were to come down to it I will keep my hot rods and move....And that is not a joke.....My business is strugling right now, But I plan to push through it, Like always......Anyhow thanks everyone for your input.