Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tim Conder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Degreaser

Degreaser

good shit ryan. conders art has always been inspiring. as a matter of fact we are building a bike right now loosely based on one of his drawings. keep up the good work. (both of you)

3. guiseart

guiseart

good read,
    wish I had his balls
    ...umm... wait.

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

5. RodP

RodP

Hey Ryan
    Thanks for getting me going this AM. What a treat to see this great story. Tim is a truly unique genius. He hung around my place when things were really going strong and helped us out a lot with his art work for our car show T shirts and some of our other projects. His stuff was outstanding then and it keeps getting better.
    RodP

6. I had been following the ATF web site for a long time with the build up of the wagon tow car and the two rails. I hope the ATF comes to a race track soon and Mr Conder is a true ruler. Hey Mr. Conder are you going to be at Bakersfiled this weekend because I would to shake your hand and give any support I can. Did you ever make shirts for the team that might be for sale as support? Is the web site back up and running?

7. Conder

Conder

Thanks! The Duke of Wellington...He owes me MONEY!!!!!!!

"Rod Powell's Picnic"....the first "Billet Proof!"

8. Tim is so dreamy.....................

9. RodP

RodP

Thank's Tim
    That picnic was first with a lot of things glad you were a part of it.
    RodP

10. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Tim - I envy you, really.

11. racer756

racer756

Saying that Tim Conder has a vision is an understatement.
    Press on !!

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

I have been a fan of Tim's since I bought that Easyrider magazine with that bare metal chopper and the Ironworker chick with the tattoos draped all over it. I loved that bike! I still have that mag thrown in the corner of my garage somewhere, probably buried under some chunks of tin and grinder dust.

That paintwork on his web site is fantastic as well. I want to see the pics of Stoner's T besides some little sneeky pic in the back of Garage magazine. Ha Ha Ha He was told me about the suspension, It sounds super wicked.

13. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey...is that Rosario Dawson in that drawing??? :D :cool:

14. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Killer article. Great work as ususal Ryan. Tim is inspirational...that being said I want a "One Wrench Wench"....

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Great article Ryan. It really is inspirational to see that Conder's vision is so strong. And the "One Wrench Wench" is one of my favorite concepts sketches as well as ideas in general. I guess it's just nice to know there are people out there with such great and uncomprimised vision as well as the drive to aquire the skills nessessary to accomplish what they have set out to do. I know I could use the kick in the ass myself, so it was good to read about someone that pushes themself on their own.

16. TOE

TOE

I would love to see more of his illustration work... The one at the top of this page rules.

Anyone know of a website, book, or magazine to check out?

I tried his website (www.armageddontopfuel.com) but it's down. Also tried Google but didn't get much there either. Thanks for any suggestions.

17. ....very inspiring. such a good read!

-marty

18. k-member

k-member

Ya done good Hillbilly, now get the ATF project done and bring it to the great PNW this summer.

19. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Years back I was in Bellvue WA with Rachel, my wife, who was interviewing with a bank, which left me with a rental car and a couple of hours to kill. Driving around, one of the first interesting things I see is an Easyriders shop. This didn't look like the usual executive's mid-life crisis motorcycle boutique, it was more like a place I needed to check out, it possessed a really cool vibe. Closed, damn, I'll make a few rounds and check back. Grabbed some coffee and tried again, and here in front of the ER store is the wildest '62 Ford wagon. White with black, head to toe, flames/scallops and a super bold red edging them off and big hooptie Americans. This car truly had the look of some illustrator's vision and it was just sitting out front along with some of the coolest no BS motorcycles I had ever seen. I went in and asked who owned the wagon and Tim hisself answered. At this time I had never met Conder and didn't put the name with the art that I had seen in Easyriders. Tim was such a good host that day, he took the time to show me all over the shop, we even went downstairs to show where all things mechanical took place. We talked of Galaxies, and art and different locales, even the wildflowers in the desert. If you are getting the impression that Tim had an impact on me, you're right.
    Tim, you're either the most well rounded, down to earth individual or a complete sociopath, not sure. Either way, you're one of the most extraordinarily visioned, talented and capable craftsmen/artist around.

21. Here are a few I had saved. I think he posted them here so you might search his posts.

Attached Files:

22. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Cool article Ryan, thanks for sharing!

It's good to see people like tim with so much heart, talent, creativity, passion and drive, to make an idea or dream a reality... also learn new things along the way:) People just don't know their full potential in life until they have obtained the courage to take that first step and dip into what ever they are afraid of:)

"The idea is not only valid; it is the first time in recorded human history something like this has been attempted. There are thousands of stories of “Good vs. Evil” in every culture and every belief. But no mortal has ever publicly challenged these forces to SETTLE it in a contest. For REAL. This is the true story of Armageddon Top Fuel. It’s not some schlocky “WWF” motorsports gimmick or a performance art thing…

It’s GOD and SATAN running for PINKS, while the whole world watches."

I hope Tim knows that the devil's already lost the race ...he was defeated at the cross (the finish line) and now we are all saved by Grace:)

thanks again for sharing this story of determination and passion ...awesome and inspiring!

peace,
    CAB

23. Conder

Conder

Thanks folks. You can access my ATF site from http://www.condercustom.com

Just find Armageddon Top Fuel in the menu bar at the top of page 1 and click it. We've been having trouble lately with our web hoster so let's hope it's working everywhere.

My Soap Box Roadster (One Wrench Wench) is a dead serious project that has real legs. It's a very simple Hi-Brid-Hi-Boy roadster that can be built as a single seater commuter (Stu Hilborn Dry Lakes style) or a wider 2 seater. There is a new electric engine made from a stack of 35 lap-top batteries that's small enough to put nearly anywhere in the car (200 miles on a single charge). It can propel a 2500 pound vehicle from 0-60 in just over 3 seconds!!! This car can run a well built and clean running efi flathead plus this motor in a very simple, manually operated hybrid combination.

Imagine, a Hi-Boy commuter that hauls ass and barely pollutes! If you want to talk more give me a call (707) 843-9454. - Thanks again, Tim

24. TOE

TOE

K13 - Thanks for the drawings!

Conder - Awesome stuff. Thank you for the link to your web site(s).

25. beauishere

beauishere

I don't know, the guy seems kinda nuts to me.

I like him.

26. monsterflake

monsterflake

absolutely one of the true geniuses/madmen on this planet...

27. Stoner

Stoner

Tim's one of my best friends and I only have one thing to say about this:

Attached Files:

28. jangleguy

jangleguy

When Tim came on here a couple years ago, testing the waters for ATF support, his energy knocked me flat on my ass. Despite my PT Barnum alarm ringing off the hook, I found myself absolutely willing to put my life on hold for a year to dive into his world. I probably ended up spooking HIM in the process and it didn't happen after all. So I moved on and he and Ms. Tim had a baby and we all got busy. I ended up taking that energy to helping start a new dragstrip and fabbing for some other shops. Eventually, selling my skills left a bad taste in my mouth (again) and I took a truck driver job: bad hours and pay, but good bennies - gained a few pounds and got comfy...Until a few weeks ago, when I noticed myself getting restless. Hmmm - what's that about? I've been sleepily curious about it - until reading this. Thanks a lot, Ryan and Conder - I was so comfy until reading this, but now feel that old edge again. It's making that buzzing sound in my head - sounds like a dial tone at first, then when I listen closer, it's more like a distant fueler idling. And I know it won't stay idling for long.....I know what I need to do. Thanks a lot, you fucks - just when my life was starting to make some sense, too...
    Scotty

29. Conder

Conder

We just didn't have enough of ATF going back then to have you camp in our yard Scotty! That was a fine gesture you made and we appreciated it. As far as spooking us...amazing fab skills, enthusiasm and respect for this monster makes you our kind o' STALKER!!

30. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Tim Conder is a true artistic genius. I bet that he has notebooks just loaded full of those sketches we all droll over. And more ideas in his head to keep a small country employed for a lifetime if he were to put them into material things. When I first got a computer in 2003 I discovered Armageddon Top Fuel. I read EVERYTHING at least 10 times, not counting just going back looking for something as reference. This man just seems to be a natural at this. Hard work , a bad ass imagination and tallent combine into kick ass pieces of art. Thank God he is into Hot Rods and not waistin it on designing wedding dresses. You Conder; are THE MAN!!