Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big Window '32 5Window, does it look familar?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 28, 2007.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

2. Degreaser

Degreaser

yeah. sloped a pillar.

3. If the B/W pic is the car the son of El presidente raced, then the current owner either got shafted or it shafting someone else.
    It looks like it dripping with home-made patina...

...and that big window sucks.
    Why should it look familiar...?

JOE:cool:

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

those are two different cars if you look at the tops of the windows and compare... the rear quarter window turns down at the top quickly.

5. 31modelo

31modelo

the old photo is a 33/34 not a 32 at all.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Within the last two months, maybe three there was a "Big Window" '32 on eBay and the photos and discussion showed up here on the HAMB, I think it's the same car. :rolleyes:

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Exactly what I was thinking!!:eek:

8. SimonSez

SimonSez

The shit some people will come up with to try to sell a car. Jeez ...

9. flatheadhero

flatheadhero
    from California

The same big window car? sold on ebay a while back for 17k if I remember. It did come from Mexico originally, was at a border junkyard. It had no "insta-patina" though. The thing is kinda weird, the big window was not spliced in, there are no cut or weld marks. It caused alot of mystery and confusion with the 32 gurus, it was thought to be a european 32. :confused:

10. Andy

Andy

I think there was a thread about it a year or more ago. It had some added on fender extensions and real short running boards. Anybody else remember that?The fenders were sold on the bay and were described as practically NOS. It would have taken a tremendous amount of measuring and fitting to fix them.

11. Maybe a few hundred e-mails to the auctioneers to let them know their reputation is about to be tarnished by an unscrupulous client would be in order...

[email protected]

'Cuz that's bullshit.

Then again, the dumb fucks cant tell the B/W pic and the car aren't even the same... maybe they've got the lawsuit comin'....

JOE:cool:

12. MORodder

MORodder

Fake or not, I think the car is badass. and yes, the B/W photo obviously is not the same car.
    I'd drive the piss out of it :)

13. Yeah and while changing from a 34 to a 32 they also changed frt and rear ends as it has wide 5's in the vintage photo!

14. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Somebody will get screwed on big money...

15. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

I Worked On This Car, This Past Summer.. It Was A Real Race Car From Mexico. Never Seen The B&w Pic Of The 34 Tho. The Body Is Real Solid And The Bigger Back Window Was Done Real Nice..

16. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

What if this car isn't the same one from Egay last year ?? And what if a larger rear window was actually a factory option in Mexico??? It's possible.

17. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have looked at many 32 Ford 5W dirt track cars over the years ... and cutting the rear opening larger was a common modification here in South Carolina ... but it was usually a rough, cobble job with no intent to duplicate afactory workmanship. Sadly, most old dirt track cars lasted a season or less ... so the workmanship was not a issue.

The checkered Flag was ... :D

18. Shane T.

Shane T.

Hey Randy have you seen the dirt track 32 coupe down on Lake Hartwell ?? Olds motor adjustable rear suspension classic roundy round stufff, but it is so ruff I don't think there is anything savable. The kicker is it is supposed to be A J Foyts first racer.

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Have not seen it ... but I doubt it was AJ's first ... read where he had a ARDUN flattie 32 first ... and AJ confirmed it.

:D

20. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Here is your chance to own it...again

21. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Sold 47.5k 3/07 Buy it now 85k!!! Not bad work if you can get it:cool:

22. Dyce

Dyce

Now why did they have to put the stickers all over the car and take the chrome shell off? Fucked it up good!!

23. It's on the bay right now... I posted it the other night asking some curiousity questions about it and the "big window" and my thread got yanked. It's item #130227976329 (no link... ya' happy now?) There's a link in the ad with more pics, info and a video... kinda cool but not my cup of tea... seems a tad pricey with a $85K B.I.N.

(wtf is the big dealio with ebay links btw? why is this 11 page thread that starts out with an ebay link allowed? http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251648&highlight=lomas )

edit... (SORRY... 22 page thread)

24. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Decker
    Maybe try looking at it this way
    So your watching something you definitely want to bid on, or you may even be the high bidder, then suddenly some ass clown on the HAMB posts it up and now 10000 more people are on it.
    How would you feel?
    Don’t know about you but I don’t have extra money to give away.
    I’m no big fan of rules or quoting them BUT.
    In progress action posts were not allowed here for a lone time, and it should stay that way.

25. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

going by the link RM sold the car at auction in march 2007 for 46k, the new owner has the car on ebay for buy it now @ 85k ... hes doubling his money in a years time - not bad work if you can get it :)

26. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

heres my 34/32

Attached Files: