Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Apr 27, 2008.

1. dv8

dv8

We are having real nice weather this weekend.
    Me and MBL helped another HAMBer adjust his brakes on saturday.

We drove the hot rods out of the shop on sunday....

[​IMG]

Backed MBL's daily driver '55 Dodge in the shop to replace the faulty fuel line...

[​IMG]

We got it all changed out, and it worked fine...for a while, then cut off, and wouldn't run again.

I pressurized the line and tank, and the air vented out of the gas cap, and when I took the air off, the fuel came out of the line just fine. It has a new working (I checked) fuel pump, and it ran just fine off of a temporary boat gas tank from the trunk...so nothing wrong with the line, pump, or carb. There is only small sections of rubber line, to connect the hard line. We tried to run it with the gas cap off, and still nothing. The fitting into the tank is on the front side of the tank, and not at the bottom, so I don't think anything is stopping it up, especially not after blowing air through it....I guess we'll hit it again next weekend...

My Craigslist '32 truck is next up for a build...it's an old hot rod with a 283! AND... a "Greased Lightning" hood!

[​IMG]

2. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Not a damm thing!

3. dv8

dv8

That's what I should have done!

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

jon the T looks great, i insalled a cross steer setup in a friends 31 model A...dave

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Softball, softball, and more softball.... damn kids!!! Froze my ass off too.

7. went to two swaps one in the snow on sat the other really cold this morning at 6 am it was 29 degrees...both swaps were almost non existing as far a vendors go but still spent some cash to help stimulate the economy

at the swaps each day were car shows too
    saturdays was meager ..as they dont come out of thier trailers when its blizzardingat a drag racing clubs event ....at least got to smell some used race fuel..while warming up in exhaust clouds and todays show had a neat 36 ford 3 window running in bare but abused metal...

did see some one carrying a chromed dropped straight axle?

also went to about 30 garage sales

8. last g-man

last g-man

......almost got the loft in the shop floored. gotta get my shit organized, can't even walk thru this damn place!

g

9. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Finally the snow is gone so I got the first of three out of storage....

[​IMG]

10. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I finished moving.

Well ALMOST.

11. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Sanded door jambs for pirimer. Started smoothing the shave job on my deck lid. Oh yeah, Planted some flowers too. Gotta keep the boss happy.

12. had to work over here , good to see somebody actually got something done..

13. Nomadness

Nomadness

Toady got the Nomad on jack stands, took off stock wheels, removed brake drums. Sand blasted one brake drum then rain. Need to blast and paint drums black.

Thursday I got the other 2 Supremes to go on Nomad. New 14X7 Supremes seem to be in short supply. I am off work this net week due to poor economy (Slow Freightliner Truck orders), so tomorrow I hope to get tires mounted and finish brake drums.

Also placed add in HAMB Classifieds. :D Mowed the yard Saturday. :(

14. Bodacious

Bodacious

Cleaned, painted and detailed parts for my flat six build. Also sorted through tools, hardware and other crap. Oh, and drank my fair share of beer, most importantly.....

15. LabRat

LabRat

IMG_0028 (Small).JPG IMG_0029 (Small).JPG

Got this far on my new abode , but had to stop and twist off for my dad's 70th birthday . Finally i think we have got to the piont where i am actually as fit and strong as my old boy and im 39 ....

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Picked up a 33 Packard 5 passenger phaeton from PA to work on in the resto shop. Found me a keeper...41 Packard 160 cpe. I really want that car. It has an original but worn beyond use green leather interior. Very unusual for a closed car. Has OEM skirts too. I can see it restored with accy dual carbs and slightly lowered in the rear. I have lots of time to get it. A personal home run in the works. Wish me luck kids...

17. coupemerc

coupemerc

Replaced a cracked 10 lb residual valve, re-bled the brakes and took the coupe out for the first time this year. Been a long winter.

Attached Files:

18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More of this...

[​IMG]

I would almost rather get punched in the face than do bodywork..

-Abone.

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

20. sskustomz

sskustomz
    from bingo,ny

installed the qc

Attached Files:

21. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

got the shoebox ready for chopping,,,,,,
    removed the glass, vent windows, stainless mouldings, and started marking the cut lines,,,
    next sunday we will chop her,,,,will post pics,,,,

22. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

went to a wedding and got drunk

23. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

was a good weekend, got my frame cleaned up and painted, tore off the steering box and finished up a little grinding before mounting it permanently, made templates for my caliper brackets, bashed a decent flange on my dash to mount to the tub and picked up the U-joint i need for my steering column. oh yeah!! i also got a '70 olds motor for the phenomenally lowlow price of FREE!!!!!

24. Called Johnny (Ruiner) over to help paint my 49 Plymouth. Just a quick knock down with some 180 on a d-a, mask and squrit. Well I found out you just don't knock down old brush painted latex (PINK!) with 180. It just gumms up and loads up the paper. So we try 80 grit, works better but wait! Where is all this bondo dust comming from? The answer is everywhere! Some of it an inch thick in both passenger side fenders! So we clean out the dents and Johnny starts metal working the fenders. I kept at it with the d-a, and found more poorly applied mud, caulk, Marglass, and probably dog poop! Found a lot of hidden rust too. Another freind came over (not a hamber) and started cutting and welding patch pannels. Then I started slinging Bondo. Worked about 12 hours yesterday, and another 10 today. Still not even close to paint. Johnny took pictures with his camera, hopefully he will post them. Johnny did stripe the tank on my chopper. So we got something done.

25. Sawed the backwindow of the shoebox and re-installed, much happier with it now for sure. I hate doing things twice, but its worth it.

26. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

nothing on any of the hot rods but i did get a lot of yard work done saturday. today it was 62 and rained all day so i just sat around and played on the computer. tomorrow is going to be really nice so i am going to finish putting the trim on the 51 and get the bumpers on also. and maybe get it out in the driveway and see what it looks like after painting it 3 weeks ago.

27. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I took apart the dragging brake on a friends Fairlane, found a leaking wheel cylinder, and collapsed hose. We drilled the three bolt pulley for the four bolt balancer it requires. Found out that the shifter P.O. had used does not line up with the detents in trans...but, good news is, trans is o.k. anyway!

Stacked up 429 Caddy parts on assembly room table.
    Removed Y block parts from same room.
    Moved my truck across the garage to fit the previously mentioned Fairlane in garage...
    Cut up two old F-100's I had with a Sawzall to fit them into the buyers 5 ft. tall enclosed trailer.
    Removed center section from 9" rear for a friend...

Hey, goddamn it! I didn't do a damn thing for me!
    oh, yeah...Capt'n and Coke.

28. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I snatched the wheels and tires off of the RPU to have them broken down and blast the wheels. Tried out my blaster, but my compressor won't keep up. Had an offer to go try someone else's compressor, but crap here kept me busy today.

Other than that, this weekend sucked.

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Worked on the chassis for my deuce 3 window. Hope to mount the body for the first time this week.

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

With only one more snowstorm on the forcast I took the bold step of getting the mower attachment ready to replace the snowblower on the lawn tractor. Can't wait to start mowing grass.:mad:

Frank