Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weird scenes inside the Pate swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Flat heads and speed parts everywhere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A cool boat Kelly wanted me to buy her. If we had sold the roadmaster we may have brought it home!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A Traditional VW bug?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bar stool racer built for two
    [​IMG]
    Killer BBQ pit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

some "interesting parts haulers"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course cool rides everywhere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yard art?
    [​IMG]

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics. This is the second year I have heard about this meet and didn't have the cash to make it worth my while. In just what you showed, I saw some stuff I'd want.:mad: Well, there's always next time.

4. wow! lotsa great stuff over there , nice pics someday im gonna have to try and make it over that way.. we aint got nothing over here!!

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'd really liked to have scored that oval 5 gauge dash insert!

6. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

dad has gone to that meet every year and he loves it. but for some reason i have never made that one. im waiting on the Petit Jean swap that is by far my favorite one of all. i usually go all 5 days, Wedensday through Sunday. and awesome deals to be had every time ive been there.

7. Andy

Andy

That's a 32 Chrysler.

8. Nice pic of my lilac 36 Ford. Wish you would have included the for sale sign and my number.

9. Mudville

Mudville

Good job on the pics. Met you and some other Hambers there. I thought the crowd and vendors was down. How about you?

10. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

yard art?.... no this is a RAT ROD

Attached Files:

11. Al Von

Al Von

Gotta love the mix of themes on that Beetle; straight axle, chop, S-10 wheels, Superior ambulance tail lights, screaming yellow... WHEW!

12. Anyone see the Sharktanker? ;)

Attached Files:

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I didnt think the vendors were down, Ive seen many more empty spaces in the past from those that paid ahead and didnt make it for one reason or another. And there were usually a lot more empty spaces on the north end in the past. thats the ones they usually sell at the meet. We got there wednesday evening and I was surprised at how full it was already. The crowd certainly was thinner. Im sure we have the present economy to thank for that. It did make for some good deals if you were buying though. I scored some killer deals.

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

actually those are 59 caddy tail lights.

15. sharpe427

sharpe427

I'm waiting on the Petit Jean swap that is by far my favorite one of all.

When is this meet? And whereabouts in the Petit Jean area of Arkansas??

16. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

this is what i brougth back from pate[​IMG]

17. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

18. Slonaker

Slonaker

The guy who built that lives out at Canyon Lake, near San Antonio. He is retired, and makes a lot of cars, motorcycles, and other types of artwork out of scavenged stuff.

That is one of the simplest things I have seen him make. Most are more complicated, with engines, suspension, etc., all made out of cast off junk.

He gives a lot of the "motorcycles" to to rally organizers who auction them off to raise money for bikers injured in crashes.

I met him a couple of weeks ago at the New Braunfels swapmeet where he was seling of some of his pieces. That might have been sold there originally.

Slonaker

19. Petit Jean is addicting. I have been going up there off and on for 30 years. It is one of the finest swap meet/vacation combos out there. It is the week leading up to Fathers Day.

Best have a mate that is easy to please, if you come once, you will be back.

20. I-40, south between Russellville and Morrilton Arkansas. Look up Mt. Petit Jean state park.

If you go, take your wife to the overlook at sunrise and tell her you love her, then you might get to come back every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. blazd88

blazd88
    from Lubbock TX

I wanted badly to go but couldnt justify filling the truck with diesel to go spend more money. The local Blue Ribbon rally was great though. I think I got talked into a Flyrite chopper. lol

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

some cool stuff there , i dug the purple buick what a sled

23. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

All of the flathead speed parts on tht table are not for sale. The guy has been going to pate since the old musem days. His prices were huge then but the market caught up with him. Last year i was going to buy two mags from him he told me the price i pulled out the cash and he crawfised on me, they are just for show! He has some neat shit and some nice shit, hell if i had it i wouldent sell it eather, but i also would not show everyone .

24. That is probably how he is pulling that stuff in! People talk and he listens.,

25. cretin

cretin

That boat is bad ass