Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Gas Pumps Omaha, Ne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awbcrazy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

If this isn't the right place to post this sorry. I thought I would alert everyone, because most likely the theif could be trying to sell them to a collector or scrap?
    Anyways, I figured a good place to alert people would be the HAMB....you never know if these might show up for sale. (not that stolen stuff is posted here, don't take that the wrong way please)

http://www.ketv.com/news/30189846/detail.html

2. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Unreal! Theiving bastards will steal anything of value.

3. RAY With

RAY With

Scrap iron is hi dollar now and the scrappers are out in force and they don't care what it is.

4. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

thats just pure bullshit! i hope those cameras got a plate number and the fucker(s) get caught..im sick of hearing stuff like this..

5. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Take some photos of your pumps to all the area scrap metal yards and let them know these were stolen. Maybe offer a small reward. Good luck.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

dam bastards will make you think it aint worth having something nice.

7. flathead48

flathead48

That's sad to hear. I drive by that place periodically, cool old building. Sad to say but they probobly got scrapped. This is getting bad here in town. I work at a custom sheetmetal shop here in Omaha and seems like we are always building something to replace an item that was stolen out of a yard or off a house. I see these people cruising alleys with their trucks loaded to the brim and you know damn well that they're probobly taking stuff that they shouldn't be, and alot of them probobly know it too. I hate theives.

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That really sucks...
    Before even reading that article, that's the exact station I was thinking of.
    Always wondered what the history was behind it and who owned it. Over the summer, I noticed a TREE growing in the office/counter area of the building!

Malcolm

9. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

we have this problem in kansas, i always pull out my phone, take a pic of the truck and get the tags in it, then give the cops a call. sometimes they catch them with something someone has called in stolen and sometimes they dont.

im a backyard mechanic and i have had them stop by and ask for stuff in my yard. every night i make sure to pick everything up. shotgun is leaned against back door and another by the bedroom window upstairs. i got plenty of signs around the yard about not trespassing.

10. ROAD AGENT

ROAD AGENT

Bullshit. Scrap guys are ruthless and will take anything. I work at a shop in Cleveland and we had old tractor parts out back and came in and they were gone. Hope you can get some justice

11. trimph1

trimph1

[​IMG] And then we have curious 'catch and release' programs for these particular thieves....growl!!!! [​IMG]

12. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I collect pumps, I would be living at the scrap yards until I found them. I feel for the guy, they looked cool.

13. trimph1

trimph1

I'd be watching scrapyards and EBay...or CL...

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

15. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

They may show up at Gas Bashes. Try putting something on oldgas.com about them.

16. big bad john

big bad john

.....I collect pumps...so I know how you feel.....Sure hope they catch the assholes

17. dexleo2

dexleo2

WOW!!!- stolen in daylight- Not that they would ever turn up on this end of the state I will keep my eyes open. Damn thiefs hope that get caught!!!!!!!!!!

18. ebfabman

ebfabman

I posted this over on OLDGAS.com

19. Cock suckers! Probably some fucking junkies. :mad:

20. whisky runner

whisky runner

wow what a dam shame... i own a old salvage yard with maybe 300 cars left in it..i believe in catch and release alright...(release the body back to relatives)..i am lucky i live far enough off the blacktop thieves dont really even consider getting caught in my yard or my gun-sights..i hope they catch them.. not the police but collectors who would do a better job of justice

21. smittythejunkman

smittythejunkman

Do you have any pictures of the pumps? I can forward them to a couple of the big scrap buyers in Omaha / council bluffs.the scrap guys will be glad to watch for them and save them if they can
    PM me pictures if you have any, its a long shot but if I get them looking they may show up. probably putting pictures on their break-room bulletin boards is the best plan
    THIEVES SUCK

22. People will steal anything these days............

23. Idiots! History is Disappearing Fast because these dumb clucks are taking these items away and possibly being melted and turned into modern cars. I know these were scrappers that done this. It's Obvious. I am constantly reading about stories of people having 'Metal' stolen off their property! I think the best chance is to look through all the scrap companies you know around that area--I bet they're there. .if its not too late!
    This planet has no room for thieves!

24. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

I used to think old junk was safe from tweakers and thief's, but I am now under the usumption that nothing is safe! I had a talk with my nieghbors and we are all keeping an eye out on the traffic on our road! I am sick and tired of hearing of career criminals getting away with this crap. We need to go back to old fashion justice, maybe like japan used to do it? lop off one finger at a time!!!!

25. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

LOL..... that was career criminals doing that to underlings for failing in their appointed tasks, I like you spirit though.:)
    You are thinking Arabic law....lose a hand if you steal.

26. dirty4

dirty4

desperate times and desperate people that will do anything that makes them money!
    i say a little old fashion justice needs to prevail!

27. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

and they had to unbolt them form the cement unhook the tank tubes and cut the wires on all 4 plus open the doors with no keys .they proboly bent the shit out of the doors to get them open..

28. That sux! That makes me not want to put a pump outside my shop someday.

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The scrap yards down here are no longer allowed to take stuff like air conditioning units, manhole covers, large copper wire, and street signs because theives were stealing them and scrapping them. DUH, if a guy pulls in with a load of manhole covers, where did they previously think he got them ??????? I think the scrap yards really didn't care as long as they could buy as much stuff as they could, and it wasn't until the authorities started cracking down and passing laws that they started checking loads coming in.

It's gotten so bad companies are springing up selling cages to put around your air conditioning unit to keep it from getting ripped off.

Don

30. Passer bys when the theft was going on probably thought they were being removed by law. In most states when they are no longer used for pumping gas, the pumps and the underground tanks have to be removed. Assholes!