Register now to get rid of these ads!

Omaha HAMBers need help stolen Gas pumps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragsled, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

A good friend of mine's father has a little repair shop / old time Gas station off saddle creek drive, he doesn't sell gas anymore and had his old pumps sitting at the shop, today around 2;00PM they came back from takeing family to the airport to find two of his old pumps missing, I'll try to get pics on here later, he called the cops already , but if anyone here's about some one scrapping some gas pumps or selling a couple PM me on here , he said its not the money its the princple of it, Her dads one of the nice's guys you'll ever meet Thanks Tim Jones

2. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You can't swing a dead cat without hittin' a scrapper in Omaha........brazen bastards.

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's the best pic we could come up with thanks for looking Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well the dirtball SOB's came back to my friends dads shop took the last two gas pumps, these scumbags took the last one in broad daylite today, the police in omaha are little or no help at all, here's a pic of the last ones ,she took last evening Thanks Tim Jones

Attached Files:

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

They came back for seconds and no one caught them, in broad daylight? Where were you guys when all this was going on? :confused:

Don

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

AT WORK, and her dad was home

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

the third on was took last nite , he's semi retired left around noon and came back about 2:30 and the other was gone

8. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

saw something advertised on craigslist a few days ago....don't know if it is still there.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Will be watching and be telling my bro's to do same. We are in a economic frame right now that gives peple reasons to act like no brainer creeps. Frankie47 said it all, I see them every day slithering around in trashed out pickups and vans. Sorry for the Dad's loss. Good luck! ~sololobo~

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

thanks guys, by the way I grew up in omaha, my dad was a cattle buyer, Growing up spent many days at the stockyards in south O thanks again Tim Jones

11. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Might just be scrappers trying to make another dollar.......

12. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'll keep an eye out as well.

13. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Maybe someone grabbed them because all the history channel shows telling everyone old gas pumps are worth so much these days.....

14. Will keep a eye out for them in central Nebraska.

15. Will try to keep eyes peeled in my area as well. I grew up in Omaha and most of the family still lived there. I'll pass it on. Sorry to here of the loss.

16. GTS225

GTS225

Sounds a bit fishy to me. The circumstances suggest somebody within eyesight that can monitor your buddy's dad's comings and goings.
    Good luck with it.

Roger

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or someone who happens to frequent the road in front of his house on a regular basis.

That comment about all the gas pumps on those shows on the history channel bringing big prices might not be as far fetched as it sounds. More than one honest guy has all the sudden become dishonest because he sees something that has been sitting in the same spot for years that he all the sudden finds out may be "valuable".

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I agree with you on that , somebody knew when he was gone, she said awhile back somebody tried to buy the older ones , probally thought well, since he won't sell them I'll steal them Thanks Tim Jones

19. The idea that he's been observed by those creeps is disturbing on it's own. I know how I felt for some time after our home, in a very 'safe neighborhood' was robbed while many of us slept. Police figured the guys had cased our home and others for weeks and eventually, using a cover as house painters, sold my dad their scam. Part way through the job, broke in and robbed us, even stole a car from the garage. Thieves are selfish, lazy, scum. And dangerous. I was about 18, my older brothers were home from college and these guys knew it, a large carving knife was found on a table in the main room which suggested one of the guys stood guard should one of us catch them in the act. At least it wasn't a gun. Even if we'd been able to ready the shot guns it could have been one of us that got hurt.

20. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

21. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

"American Pickers" show doesnt help. Plants ideas in peoples heads.:mad:

22. swissmike

swissmike

And the high gas prices don't help....who wouldn't want their own private gas pump ;-)

23. screwball

screwball

Man dont blame T.V. shows theft is theft scum is scum. I don't care I feel for the victim. Blaming American Pickers is like blaming Barrett-Jackson for car theft.

24. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

This post had slipped my mind until my friend Carol and I were talking about her dad, Sadly her dad Bob Leaden passed away last week, Bob was an all around car guy and one of the best mechanics I'd ever met, Bob and his Brother Ed ran A-1 Auto Repair in Omaha NE since the 60's,,Of all the people I wanted to show my race car to when it was done, Bob was at the top of the list,, one of the really good guys in this world, He will be sorely missed by all that were lucky enough to know him, RIP Bob,,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  25. carmuts

carmuts

Will keep an eye out in the middle of the state, hard to say how far they may travel to sell if they actually know what they are worth. Rod

26. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

We had a similar thing happen twice. Buddy redoin his old dumb, set the tailgate outside, at the end of the day, he left came back the next, it was gone. He went right to the scrapper in town and there it was.... He got the guy....Scrap yard gave him the guys address, some strung out 100 lb guy with a wife beater shirt LoL... then we pulled the axles out of a 3/4 tom ford, had them setting out over night, and the video cameras we installed showed 2 guys in a green Torous, picked um up, put them int he back seat, and drove away with the axles hangin out the sides and doors open LoL WTF is this world comin too....

Boith scenarios, families lost there jobs and tryin to eat. All they had to do is ask, either one of us would have given them a gift card for the local grocery store.... No cash though.....helpin families not habits