Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Spalding Bros/White Bros - Who owns this pic?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gofannon, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Gofannon

Gofannon

Almost 8 years ago to the day, I saved this pic on to my hard drive. Most likely it was from the HAMB, probably from someone's personal photo collection. I've looked a few times since, and can't find a thread or any thing where I found it, even tried a Tineye search. Does anyone know the original source for the photo?

I posted it on Marty Strode's Spalding Bros repro thread. Not only was it useful for the build, but it turns out to be a previously unknown photo of the car, possibly from when the car was owned by Howard White. Asking for pgan.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/spalding-bros-repro-for-too-tall-ganahl.983332/

upload_2020-3-30_20-48-51.png

2. rusty valley

rusty valley

mid morning bump

3. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Gofannon. That photo certainly confirms the orange color of the car (and white wheels). It already has Ray Brown Automotive painted on the hood. But no engine. Can't figure why it still has the dirt screen on the front, or where the trophies came from, because I thought the White Bros. only drag raced it (with Ford V8).
    Main thing I'd like to know is where is that neighborhood? What city did the White Bros. live in? Any clues to who the White Bros. were? Or Howard White?
    Thanks for any help.
    Pat Ganahl (PGan)

4. Gofannon

Gofannon

5. Gofannon

Gofannon

Obviously I'm not the only one around here that suffers from C.R.A.F.T!