Register now to get rid of these ads!

So, Now What?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I think the answer is in this picture... stay home for the safety of your son (loved ones) and those who can't....and organize the shit out of your tools! holy crap is that car and garage clean...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. grumpy65

grumpy65

No worries @jimmy six . I am not saying that we should not be exercising logical thinking and doing all that we can during this trying situation. What I am saying is that we should endeavour to educate ourselves and be informed and realistic regarding actions we employ to help protect ourselves and those around us. If we put full trust in home remedies and self-made equipment, and they are not quite up to the task, we are actually doing ourselves, and others, a disservice by possibly still transmitting this shit-storm, even though we are oblivious to the fact.

By all means, take as many precautions as you can, but I emplore all to be wary of the limitations of what we may do. Home-made masks, etc., will no doubtedly be a positive action if used within their limitations. Still, the main weapons we have at our disposal are intelligent and correct information, and intelligent and correct behaviour. An invisible enemy is not easy to engage, and sometimes if we wait to see it and it's effects, it can be too late. See this threat for what it is. It is real and dangerous. Prepare yourselves, and help prepare others around you, with true and correct information. Work smart and work together, while physically remaining apart. It can be done.

Oh, and by the way, if I had 100,000 masks at home, I can assure you that I would have given them to those more in need than I. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Paul likes this.
  3. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i think st. louis has followed the lead of the 1918 flu pandemic. the city was shut down and deaths were kept to a minimum. but missouri is heavily rural, and many counties have no virus so far. unfortunately, our governor is a country boy and i think that's the perspective he's taking in a statewide sense.

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’m lucky to be working from home till the first of May. Then I might go on a staycation.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A point for home made face covers. They are to protect OTHERS from YOU. If you can keep YOUR spittle, vapor, etc. from moving forward you are doing a good job. My wife and I feel if we are going to get it it’s going to find us at a grocery store since we don’t go anywhere else near others.

With food service gloves I touch nothing anyone else has like at a gas pump which I won’t use for another 2-3 months. We feel safe at home and in a city with 57,000 residents and only 9 cases, unknown hospitalized, and no deaths we still have anxiety but really shouldn’t because we both have little to no chance of contacting it. Stay safe and home..

grumpy65 likes this.