Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Engine car

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Four Banger, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Four Banger

Four Banger

I just saw a pic of Toymakers car staged next to a green rear engined car. Whos car is this, and what is it powered by? I'm very curious as to how well it works....better than a conventional car, or about the same? I really love these HA/GR cars, because they look fun as hell, and there seems to be so much engineering latitude in the rules. I've never been much of a fan of rear engine cars, but that green hamber is too cool!

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

3. Four Banger

Four Banger

Thanks for the info! After I checked out the build thread and pictures, I like it even more. I've yet to see one of these HA/GR cars I didn't like, but this one just tips me over. Way cool! The nose art is great!

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

Build the mid-engine job and put in a banger too. I'm seeing posts from Idaho, Oregon, and Montanna lately. Looks like the makings of a Pac NW league.

5. 348chevy

348chevy

Speaking of bangers. Gary is going to dyno 2 Crosley engines. This guy runs these at Bonneville, when he gets one of them hooked up I'll post a picture. These engines you can pick up and put on a table. I would believe if some one wanted to run a Model A engine he should be able to run an overhead conversion without penalty. If he can make 150 hp he would still be at a disadvantage. I don't know if any rule about 4 cylinders are addressed. I personally think a 28 Chevy 4 banger could be a real contender in a light weight chassis. In 1957 there was a 28 Chevy 4 banger in a Crosley car running in gas class that went 94 in the 1/4. He ran at Colton just about every Sat. night. He ran in 4 banger class and cleaned house even with Model A powered dragsters.:D Roy