Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post your So.Cal BBQ Pic's Here!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatshoebox, Sep 25, 2005.

1. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Attached Files:

2. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

more

Attached Files:

3. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

just wait until i get my 35mm shots back..

Attached Files:

4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Nice picts. Looks like yall had a great time. I wish I lived closser.

5. 133

i don't have any pics to post, yeah i need a camera. anyhow, thanks to Dante for setting this whole shindig up. it was a great location this time.

it was cool to meet ya Dan.

6. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I didnt bring my camera so I took "NUN" pics... haha

Attached Files:

7. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

I just took these

1. what a view
    2. whose merc was this?
    3. My little brothers poncho(1st car show for him/his ride)
    4. What a beautiful place
    5. II
    6. did anyone else see these chevies in paradise on their way out?

Very Glad I came, and Thankful.

Attached Files:

8. TheDooWopKid13

TheDooWopKid13

hey its not my first car show, well maby its the first one i drove to.

9. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

yeah dude... my first was a few months ago at Paso... good feeling with all the hard work done to finally get your piece to a show with a good group of people... I had a blast with all you people today... good to match the names on the HAMB to some faces... and omg that chilli was so kickass... I farted all the way home... haha

blake

10. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

Definatly a good time today, It makes it much easier to tell who your talking to on here now. It was nice to meet everyone. Chili was awsome Phil.

Travis

11. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

I'm so sad I missed it! I was home designing more Vans for my auto design class. I have 30 new designs due by Monday night. Any ideas? I love the pic of the nuns! Mike has some cool shots too. Well, at least I got to sleep in. Looks like I missed a great time though. I knew you guys must have had fun, when Mike came home sunburnt and smelling of beer and exhaust... I felt like Id been cheated on, "you were with another car weren't you? WEREN'T YOU!" Oh well maybe next time..

12. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thanks guys and gals for coming out. :D :) :D it was great to see you guys again and meet new folks. this was the best turn out ever. lots of food, drinks and laughs.

Dan..... thanks for the pics and it was great meeting up with you. :D i need one for my office. :)

13. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I learned that. . .

1. Dante found a secret source for ultra-rare "blue wall" radials. Man what a score. They are really fragile though. If you get them wet the blue color comes off. Be carefull man.

2. Brandy really is a girl. . . and not another Germ alter-ego.

3. An inline six with a giant vacum leak that barely idles can fool people into thinking you have a tough motor.

How about some pic's of that guy Kevin's metallic green plymouth?. . . wow.

14. The Luau for the Lowdown was way too much fun. A BIG Tip of the Viper Top Hat goes to Dante and to everyone who made this such fun. Googaz's vegi tofu stuff was rockin'. Dr J's healthy alternative to my chili was great. The jokes passed around there were some of the worst I EVER heard, we all need to keep our day jobs. The long distance award goes to Redbeard, all the way from Santa Rosa in a fenderless A coupe, that car is a real driver and we all should put the miles on ours that he did. I had so much fun meeting the HAMBers that several cars got in and out with my seeing them,as the pics prove. I like the new colors on that Autoholics guy's open top Chev PU. What a great little beach park, Dante. I've lived in this area since 1965 and never knew it was there. The pic of the Hot Roddin' nuns just KILLS me. Love it. I asked who owns the cut down A bone roadster with Brooklands windscreens, but nobody knew him. I liked that a lot. Dan, thanx for the name tags. Now you and Travis can't switch identities on me anymore. ha ha Thanx for letting me mooch beers to all who opened their ice chests to me. I'm glad you guys liked the chili, there'll be more at the CHRR. I hope to see lots of HAMBers up there next weekend.

My advice to HAMBers in the rest of the world, DO something like this. There were greybeards, punks, skaters, a few muscle car types and some of us drove late models. It brought tears to my eyes when we all joined hands and sang "We are the world, we are the HAMBers". Those guys in the Chevies were the Legends from South Bay, real nice people. They have some great cooks in their club, but I think we were eating even better.

Counting the days 'til the CHRR. See you there.

chili phil.

15. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I had a blast. Nice day, nice cars and good people.

Good to meet everyone I did. I think my son David met more people than I did. :D

I think Dan said it best, "The party don't start til the van full of Nuns shows up!"

Looked like a good time had by all.

Thanks Dante, and everyone else that helped put this together.

16. Muttley

Muttley

That Lincoln rules.

17. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

Hey Dan, I dare you to post pictures of BRANDY....hahahaha she would kick your ass, she told me so.

Travis

18. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i'm glad everyone had a good time. thanks to these guys for helping out and making things run smooth.

BlacktopScraper.... for helping with the flyers and getting the word out.
    Ritchie..for doing the flyers (they came out great)
    Road Apple....for printing the posters
    Flatshoebox.... for the name tags.

19. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

the name tags were too cool! Iam saving mine !
    it was nice to see "HAMB" names, then a face!

BTW who hit me with a name tag on the back, and then said gotcha ?
    I didn't thank ya!

LOL!

20. DrJ

DrJ

Take:
    A parking lot FULL of cool old jalopies,
    A bunch of friendly computer geeks with dirty fingernails, greasy hair and grease stained jeans,
    About a hundred pounds of gourmet food and beverages,
    A mild breeze on a sunny day with the salty Pacific Ocean lapping at the rocks and tide pools just a few yards away and you have the perfect recipe for a party in paradise!

I had a blast!
    Thanks to Dante and the rest of the people who organized and did the personalized HAMB name tags, posters, cooked the food, and ate the food too!

So here we are, about 70 feet down a cliff on a rocky shore where cell phones don't even work but we have a micro-wave cooking corn dogs because "someone" had the smarts to bring it and a generator! :cool:

And a van full of nuns... :D

21. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

You can bet money on that pony!

Here's my some of my stinkin pictures......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

More.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

So here are some of my pics...so Brandy, you never did find me that beer...and I have some STUNING pics of you...heheheheheeee

Attached Files:

24. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Here is one hell of a motley crew if ever there was one...

Attached Files:

25. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

I have a ton more pics and I know that you can't see anyones faces for the group shot, I'll take care of that tommorow when I'm less tired...

26. sixdfive

sixdfive
    from So-cal

Thanks Dante for putting this on. I was stoked to meet some new folks. Drink a few coldies and get a sweet sunglass tan. Can't wait til the next one.

Mike

27. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I'll send you some VERY nice beer! :eek: I can promise you, after riding over at 7 am in Plan9's truck after 5 hours of sleep........there was NOTHING stunning about me!:D BUT DONT POST THEM........puhlease!!:( I'll beg.:D
    xxx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. FONZI

FONZI

I knew I forgot something! I forgot to take pics! I had a BLAST. thanks Dante! Great gig as always! Nice to see you all.

FONZI

29. 53burb

53burb

A bone roadster with Brooklands windscreens. That would be Frank Barone. He was there with Augustine and his '34-'35 pickup with the copper steelies and his Merc with the green flaked top. Local boys from arom El Sereno area!