Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for more info or pictures of this 26/27 RPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shadow Creek, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

71FB9227-87DA-41D5-93F0-D20EC713D0C6.jpeg 06E349F4-15F0-4070-8479-860B02E5CB61.jpeg Anybody have any info or other pics of this one? I’ve done countless searches and I even posted in the RPU thread but haven’t had any info pop up yet. These are the only photos I’ve been able to locate. The cropped photo is listed as the 1959 National Roadster Show and this was in the background behind the Bill Smith 34 custom. Long term goal is to maybe build an inspired tribute to this pickup if I can find enough info. Thanks in advance for any info

anthony myrick and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Gonna give this a bump..

3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I posted on the other thread that I remember that car being inNorthernCalifornia car shows in the '60s and in magazines. It is is front of Gene Winfield's shop. Maybe he could give some info it. Maybe he built it.

4. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Thanks @Six Ball , I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. The photo in front of his shop looks as if it isn’t finished yet. Any idea how to get in touch with him? Or if anyone who knows him could ask him that would be great..

By the way Six Ball, I’m still looking for info on the 39 Chevy coupe I posted a while back also ;)

5. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Bumping for the Saturday morning crew..

6. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Still would like to know some more about this RPU.

I went through this whole thread and didn’t see in the background of any photos other than the one I have already posted. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-hot-rod-shows-picture-thread.285678/page-45

It was apparently in California in the early 60s so maybe if someone has a contact in the LA Roadsters club that may know something about it?

If anyone knows Gene or can reach out to him I would just like to know some of the more intricate details of the build and if there’s any more pictures of it in existence.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  7. The 27 RPU belonged to Paul Buckingham and was featured in at least one magazine, Hot Rod or R&C if I remember right.

Mick

8. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

That’s the info I needed! Typed in the name and bam found this -
    upload_2021-9-4_17-46-18.jpeg

Thanks a ton @lurker mick !!!