Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOW TO: ipod into hotrod without a radio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by negativeMatt, Feb 18, 2008.

1. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Thanks for the post. I'm thinking about some tunes for my hot rod. Gary

2. jick

jick
    from london

Sgrc

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

Yeah, I can use something like this to run tune thru my iPhone.

4. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I have gone through 2 PAC cables in 2 years- I was searching this thread to see if I could do this adiffierent way. I hate to keep buying a bad product over and over. Everything else works, fuse is good, but the the ipod doesn't charge

5. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

I was in Wal Mart recently and picked up a small $19.99 Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker, about 4" x 1" x 2". I paired it with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7), downloaded the "I heart radio" app, tuned into my favorite station, and perched the speaker on the dash in the defroster slot. That little speaker really kicks. Smartphones can also store downloaded songs just like an Ipod. Total cost = $19.99 plus tax. I can take the speaker wherever I go, in any one of my cars.

You can also buy a much larger Bluetooth speaker that will rival most car stereos for under $150. They can be charged with an lighter insert that accepts a mini-USB cable, so the speaker won't go dead, although my cheap little speaker is supposed to have a 6 hour play time.

Easy Peasy...and cheap.

Chris

6. I have 2 applications Thx for the info guys The plus is now I can transfer my oldies songs from CD's to a MP3.

7. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I,ve got my trusty Creative mp3 player here and a new amp just waiting for my PAC lc-1 volume control to turn up. It says to leave a 2” gap all around the amp for cooling. Am I right in thinking that these things only run hot when driven hard using subs etc. I,m going to be running a couple of 50 watt 6 x 9” speakers.

8. RodStRace

RodStRace

I'd guess that a computer fan would provide the airflow for smaller gaps, but the manufacturer should have a customer service site and phone line and I'd suggest you contact them, since they are the ones that would warranty it and have more knowledge on the requirements.
    An infrared temp gun would be another tool that would be able to answer your questions, once you know what temps are within normal limits.

Woogeroo and junkyardgenius like this.