Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Hot Rodding around Berlin... Sort of.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Hot Rodding around Berlin... Sort of.

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. I say , Go for it!

To me it looks like fun. HRP

3. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

You probably could not get a better, however low, unobstructed view of Berlin any other way. Another plus is you don't have to ride with anybody else next to you.

4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Looks to be super fun, but that helmet isn't going to help you much if one of those buses doesn't see you...ouch.

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Those little hot rods look like fun. It can’t be any worse for being labeled a “tourist” in another city or country by sticking out from the norm. When we were in Berlin many years ago, those everyday drivers in the city were not the most patient and NOT, on the ball, most of the times. We were warned to be careful if we rented a car. The city is/was very crowded and it looked like a nightmare, so we took to walking or a bus. In this case, being “big” in the bus, won most intersection doubts.

But, I supposed it is hard to not be labeled a tourist in any city if you are in some kind of “different” vehicle. In San Diego or West Palm Beach, people do cruise around in those awful “duck boats.” Even hilly San Francisco (as well as harbor side San Diego) has the Gocars that dot the very busy streets and attractions.
    upload_2019-8-9_3-45-33.png
    Those stand out and automatically label anyone near or on them as tourists. Plus, competing with normal size cars and big SUVs is not too promising. When I picked up my brother from the UCSF Hospital, I was driving a rental Geo Metro convertible on the Bayshore Freeway to the city and through the city to Ocean Beach. I stayed an extra day at a beach side motel that was a short drive to the UCSF Hospital. That was the smallest car I had ever driven (not counting a Disney Autopia car) in normal traffic.

It was an ant vs. godzilla and scary, every moment on the road. But, because my brother needed transportation to the airport, his wife picked out the lowest cost rental car and the Geo Metro was it. We almost did not make it up those steep hills even in 1st gear. Two brothers and luggage taxed the little car like no other. It was first lane freeway driving to the South San Francisco Airport from the hospital and the big city shoreline. Like Ralph Nader’s shtick…"It was not safe at any speed…”

Jnaki

Recently, when we were in Santa Barbara, a yellow blur caught my eye on the freeway through the town. Then later on, near the harbor, we saw what it was. The Santa Barbara Hot Rod Limo is for people to cruise around and see the sights.
    upload_2019-8-9_3-46-34.png upload_2019-8-9_3-46-56.png
    A hot rod for tourists in a resort city. Could it be anymore conspicuous?
    You are only in that crazy European city once or twice, so, Go for it… just be safe...

6. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

That looks like a blast! Don’t listen to the “too scary to drive in” nay sayers. We travel to Europe every year and I have driven in many major cities plus the country roads and villages that inhabit the country’s. No place is any worse than your typical American distracted drivers.

I’m going to forward that video to my German relatives so they can take the tour!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. 7E2FCD9E-84F9-4781-B2D0-C7929D970A74.png You will want to go to the Heads East hot rod races in Finsterwalde , Germany while you are there. It’s not a very far trip from Berlin. Let me stress you do not want to miss this!!! I have been and would love to be able to make it back there again.

catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Man! that looks like a lot of FUN!!!

9. bavarian_Tom

bavarian_Tom

It depends when you go, but the weekend after Headbanging is an other "hamb" correct event. http://www.hindenberg-dirt-track.com

Those 2 shows are for sure among the best when it comes to traditional Hot Rods in Germany

Attached Files:

catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Contact condor. He,s a member on nsra uk site. He is German, lives in Germany and him and his buddies drive hamb friendly cars

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

catdad49 likes this.