Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.Ber needs your help...! Please Read...!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Not too long ago our friend MOVINGVIOLATION (Leon) told us a story about Andy Dunn, who's going through some tough times and who has since become all of our friend as well.
    For those who didn't catch it, bring yourself up to speed by reading this:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155616

Andy joined the H.A.M.B. and is now known as HAMBANDY. He and I have exchanged a few E-mails, as did Leon and Andy's dad, Chris, and RYAN. In those discussions, it was decided that it would be wise to come to the rest of the membership and ask for your help. I've seen some amazing outpourings from the good people on the H.A.M.B. so I know I'm not directing my attention to the wrong crowd. :)

Here's the mission I'd like us to undertake...
    Let's get Andy, his dad and Leon down to the H.A.M.B. Drags.
    http://www.hambdrags.com/

I'm talking about donations enough to buy round trip airfare from their home in Newfoundland to Joplin, MO. along with lodging and a rental car for their time there.

Last Friday, I gassed up the coupe and rolled it out for the first time this year. I drove into town and opened an account.

[​IMG]

I don't want any money sent to me.
    To donate by check, please mail yours to:
    (Account has been closed... THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED)
    It's a small, informal, branch and the girls there know what's up... so it will find its way to the correct place as long as you direct it to the above named account.

I also opened a new PayPal account where donations can be sent ...
    (Account has been closed... THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED)

Further donations may be sent to RICH VENZA via this thread...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347268

I'll be sending Leon all of the PIN numbers and account information and the two of us will be watching over the fund together. No money will be withdrawn without the knowledge of the other party... just to keep everything safe and honest and to provide all of you with that assurance.

I'm not asking for a lot from anyone. We have many members now, and if everyone could offer just a few bucks we can pull this off without any problem.
    So, I'm asking you dig out some coin boys and girls and lets get our pals down to meet us.

Peace, Love & Honor... Like I said, I know I'm in the right place.

JOE:cool:

PS~ Just so that it's made clear, this fund is not associated directly with the H.A.M.B. or TJJ. This is a responsibility I assume for myself on our friend's behalf with RYAN's permission. ~J

PPS~ Depending on the success of this, Leon and I have agreed to perhaps extend this fund into future years and continue taking donations with which to H.E.L.P. other young guys and gals on the board who might find themselves in hard times. ~J

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You are doing a really nice thing man... Too cool of you.

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hey, I just sent $5.00 via PayPal! It isn't much, but I challenge everyone who can to do the same. Hell, most of us waste that much each week, so $5.00 should be a cinch!

HAVE FUN AT THE DRAGS ANDY!

~Greg

4. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Ain't much but money sent. Junk Yard Dog and to Andy and Chris Peace, Love and Respect!
    Fitysix

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im still waitin on you to sent me a pic in your new shirt andy!!!;) i guess it would be even cooler to be in the pic with ya at the drags!!i sent andy a care package and you couldnt have asked for a more gracious thank you!!!
    andys a top notch kid and deserves this trip very very much!
    25 bones on its way shortly!:)

6. Ramblur

Ramblur

Cool, I'm in.

7. 38pickup

38pickup

I'm in :) I dont have allot but i will give what i can.

8. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

I'm in. Here's a idea I got from some new credit card that rounds your purchases to the next higher dollar and adds it to your savings account (a $3.13 would be $4.00 and put $.87 in your savings...Americans apparently have to be tricked into saving!).

Soooo, my idea is if everyone saves their change when using cash for a week or two, paying only with "whole dollars", I'll bet everyone could come up with a little something to send. I do this to supplement my car fund and average a couple bucks a week.

Tucker

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm going to send a check out in the morning to the credit union. Thanks for taking on a big challenge. I admire it.

10. I'm in. If just one in ten of our 20,000 members kicks in a measly $5, that would be $10,000. I think that would be a hell of a nice vacation for that young man. I believe this is the best threads I've ever seen on the H.A.M.B.

11. Degreaser

Degreaser

Just fired off a ten. C'mon boys, it will mean alot to the kid.

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Excellent gesture, let's chip in boys and girls.

13. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

lets get Andy to the H.A.M.B. drags* I just made out a check for $25 it will be going out snail mail tonite. ********* Your a good man junkyard dog

14. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I fly ALOT for work (87k last year). Haven't gone anywhere YET this year but Georgia and SC. I've got 25,000 miles on American if it will help. It will get a round trip in the US but I don't know about Canada.

I know some FF programs allow you to donate miles to someone.

I'm in if we can make it work.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

OK, I did some looking, if they can get the flight to Newark, the American flight should work. I didn't see anything that would accept AA FF directly. Anybody know how to swing this?

16. Money really tight now, but just sold some parts on the Hamb classified, so I feel compelled to peel off a small donation. The Frequent Flyer miles seems like one helluva an idea. Any leftover cash can go in his pocket as far as I'm concerned. What goes around comes around. ;)
    JT

17. arkracing

arkracing

Cool! Just sent a Paypal. BTW normally I'll just donate or whatever and won't say anything on these threads.

I just read this thread and thought - "Man, I'm lucky enough to have the funds to fly down to Austin to the RoundUp and pay for the flight, hotel, car etc. etc. How can I not contribute to this?!

Doesn't hurt that his name is Andy either;)

-Andy

18. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Very nice of you Joe, I just paypaled 25.00.

B:)B

19. I can't be at the HAMB drags this year, but maybe Andy and his family can. I just sent $100.00 to the pay pal account. Good luck and God speed from the Beep

20. I agree, a goal would be good, and a weekly update.

Thanks,
    Kurt

21. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Nice.

22. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I dunno about those who sent and didn't say how much they sent, but I just counted $190.00 so far. I'll keep an eye on this, and if I can come up with a bit more soon, I'll kick in again.

Way to go guys! I've still got my open challenge to everyone for $5.00! It ain't much, but its a start!

23. I'm in Joe ....Thanks for your hart and compassion my man ..may God bless.

24. I just started my PT "car fund" job today. Andy will be getting a check from me soon, however measely it may be. Hope to meet a bunch of you and Andy and his "crew" in August.

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'd like to go......so I'm sending a piece of me thru PayPal.

26. swimeasy

swimeasy

Count me in for help!!

27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

28. Awesome thing to do Joe. I'm in for $20.

29. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

$20.00 sent via paypal

30. gavin

gavin
    from Sonoma

Can't make the event, but some cash coming your way so he can via paypal.