Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Official HAMBAndy Dunn Memorial Fund..PLAQUE ART HAS BEEN ADDED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another huge overnight response has put the Andy Dunn Memorial Fund over the top.

I will be closing down the special PayPal account today, July 1, 2009.

From a suggestion from a HAMB member, the few extra T-shirts and plaques will be sent to Andy's dad to distribute to folks in Newfoundland who helped out on the building of the Model A. The check for $10,000 will sent with no strings attached. It will be used by the Dunn's as they see fit.

I would like to thank everyone of the 248 members who stepped up and made a contribution. Weather large or small, in the form of an artistic contribution or in the production of the items we offered, you have all pulled together to make this project a success.

**********************************************************************Today I am honored to post what I believe is one of the greatest threads to ever grace the HAMB.

Because of the huge response to the HAMBAndy Memorial Fund by the members, I have decided to open up the ordering process, even though the artists are still working on the designs which will be used. All of us are familiar with the work of Jeff Norwell, Greg Guise and Jason Clayton from OLDTOWNTATTOO. Additionally Ken Brock from ODDRODGARAGE will be producing the T-Shirts using artwork provided by our HAMB artist's.
    It should be noted that each of these fine gentleman have contributed their time and skills gratis. All volunteered without being asked. They are to be commended for their huge contribution to this project.

It was suggested that the HAMB produce the head stone for Andy's grave. While, as we know, anything can be accomplished if enough time and resources are spent, it was decided that the cost to shop hundreds of pounds of stone to Newfoundland just wasn't practical.
    Greg Guise suggested he create a 12" x 12" India Black plaque, onto which he will create, as only he can do, a memorial design with Andy and his Model A Hot Rod. As and added bonus, this work of art will be used on the T-Shirts which, in my opinion, will be THE shirt for all HAMBes to have in their collection.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

My hats off to all involved - Glad to support!

3. Nice....PayPal at the ready!!

4. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hey Rich,

Any ideas or sketches of what the shirt and sticker design will look like?

And, will it be possible to get the Tees in a 2XL-Tall size? The problem I have with Tshirts it that I'm long in the torso so they won't fit once they shrink up any.

5. I'll be adding the art to the thread as soon as the talented artists' have it completed and Ryan approves it.

I'll talk with Ken on special order sizes for members with unusually shaped bodies. I'm guessing we can supply.

6. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Man, this a great idea. What will the fund be used for?

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Please make shirts available in 3X and 4X. You know that some of us are not "Model Thin"

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

paypal sent. Thank you to Rich and Bruce as well as the others helping.

9. Answers to the above questions.
    Please check out the earlier thread on the HAMBAndy Memorial Fund for how and where the Fund will be used.

I'm thrilled that there are members with both BIG hearts, BIG wallets and BIG bodies. I'll check with Ken on Monday to see how large we can go, and if there is any difference in price.

First donation has been received from PovertyFlats.
    Thanks a million...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

11. Rich, just sent you a PaYPal donation. Thanks so much for taking on this project. For those who wish to send check they should be payable to ?

12. Thanks Jack. I've fixed the text in the post.
    Rich

13. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Count me in....

14. 3X...4X...5X...we can get them all...by the way let's all thank Rich for the effort and I mean EFFORT that he is putting into this...organizing and fulfilling the orders will be a daunting task and he is gladly accepting that responsibility...my hat's off to you Rich!

15. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

P.M. sent.

Can we have a STICKY on this PLEASE?

Nick.

16. chopo

chopo

:D good shit right there!!

my grilfriend has a friend, shes got a pretty face and a great personality:rolleyes:

Im in for a shirt

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

Special Thanks to all involved in keeping this wonderful and very inspiring young man's legacy alive.

Pm sent to Rich

God Bless and Long Live HAMB ANDY

18. llonning

llonning

PayPal and PM sent.

This is a good thing!!!

19. A big thank you to everyone who has put their time into this. Let's have Andy's memory burn bright.

20. Ramblur

Ramblur

My deepest appreciation to all those who are making this happen.
    The HAMB Rules! Paypal sent.

Bump,for a sticky?

21. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Great cause guys... I will be in for a plaque and possibly a t-shirt...

Bump back to page 1 for a sticky....

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Wow. Thanks for doing this you guys. I'm in.

23. we're off to a good start, but this thread need's a sticky please!

24. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Rich...
    Just sent money for the Memorial Fund. Thanks for posting the pics of Andy and his car. He had such a wonderful smile.....

25. "The check's in the mail."

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check is on it's way. This is a great thing.
    Gasser Girl

27. I'll send for a plaque...just wish you had T-shirts in small......I'm just a Texan with the shit kicked out of me so I wear a small.......

28. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

What a great community the HAMB is!
    Money has been sent for a shirt, plaque, and stickers.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think I might have just screwed this thread up.. I'm going back to bed before I make is worse.

Sorry fellas.

30. money sent....was a bad day in the world the 17 th of March....does any one know if Hambandy liked dogs?????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.