Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Legends are Passing.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Legends are Passing.

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Wow, the impact that this group had on Hot-Rodding is beyond measure. Cool photo.

Mr48chev likes this.
  3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alot of hot rod hero's there. Lil' John is also RIP unfortunatly.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A lot of history to be sure and it's the cycle of life. Each of us will have our turn.

5. seatex

seatex

How fortunate you were to be a witness to so many legends, JB. care to share any stories that come to mind? I'm sure you could fill a month of threads..............................

6. There's a lot of gravity to that picture

Thank you for sharing that

7. @Jive-Bomber -

I agree ... We have lost way too many Hot Rodding legends :( ... but thankfully, sites like The Jalopy Journal help to preserve & document their contribution to our hobby! :)

A few updates to your list:

1) Lil’ John Buttera - kneeling (RIP) ... was @lil' john on the H.A.M.B.
    2) Cary Agajanian – Son of J.C. (pretty sure that "C.J." Agajanian was J.C.'s dyslexic brother :rolleyes:)
    7) Don Montgomery – Legendary Author ... is @Rockerhead on the H.A.M.B.
    8) Dick Pierson – Designed the Coupe (RIP)
    13) Bruce Meyer ... is @Deuce Bruce on the H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. frank spittle

frank spittle

That has to be one of the greatest group of hot rodders ever gathered at one time.

9. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Nice photo. Checked out one of Hemi32's links for lil'john...wasn't too impressed with the respect some of the goobers on here showed him. They couldn't carry his toolbox.OK, I'm done.

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

So much talent in that picture. They really left their mark on the world of racing.

Jimbo

11. Quiet a few of my hot rod heroes in the photo,fortunately some are still with us. HRP

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Lot of names of people I never knew except from the pages of the magazines, and from that, I felt as I knew every one of them. Lots of talent in that pic, more than will ever be full appreciated.

13. What a great group of legends to gather in one location. We need to have more of these assembley's before we loose them all. Gasserted

14. Great photo for sure.......We all wish we could be around forever, but thats not the way God works. He has hot rods to build also and has some of the best helping him build them now.

15. ScrollOfSorrow1.jpg A great picture to be sure.Sadly the legends are leaving us way too quickly.Here is a pic of my small attempt to keep their memory alive.Unfortunately it is getting longer every day.

16. It's too bad that there aren't copies of that pic for sale anywhere. I'm sure there would be many of us that would belly up to the bar to get one. The funds could go to charity or something to preserve their memory. Just sayin it wouldn't be a bad idea...JMHO

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Wow, You just sent a chill down my spine when I saw my friend DAVID CONNERY's name on your
    fender, Thank You, for the memory. Larry

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

We've seen some of the most influential motors sports legends pass on in the last could of years. If you know any that are still around be sure to let them know that you appreciate their contribution. Wonder who will be next?

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Great icons. This is a sobering thread.

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Such a legendary group of talent.
    It's Hot Rodding's Sgt. Pepper photo. Even features a hand being held up like the one over McCartney.

21. Hey Jay... If you look at the entire picture... you'll see my good friend and hot rod mentor Jim Monaco in there. Remember when we went and visited him out in Modesto? He was there that day. It was a party that Bruce hosted to have everyone over that helped with the Pierson Bros. coupe... in one way ot another. Jim was invited because he donated the flathead engine block to the project. I remember it well... I was working for Jim from when I was about 13 until I was 15... on weekends and during the summer. I got to meet Bob Pierson and Frank Curtis out at Jim's. He has since passed on... :(

22. That is one heck of an all-star cast in that photo...

23. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Thanks for the notes guys-- I made the updates for the picture ID.
    Sam- Totally remember going out to the shop with you- Cool that Jim was there!!!

24. flamingokid

flamingokid

Learn from the old guys while you can.....it sure cuts down on the learning curve. :(