Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27x Closed Cab pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnichols, Oct 22, 2008.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

man that thing is looking good , outstanding fab work ! gonna be a killer little truck when done !

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Appreciate the good thoughts.. but we are mostly just hacking and tacking at it. All the final welds will be made by a buddy who hopefully will save our bacon and make it all very pretty. The design and layout are mostly my ideas, but my buddy Guy keeps me from going too far over the edge. So far, we've only had to scrap two cool ideas, on board electric jacks and a built-in tool box under the bed. Just not as much room as I thought for some of the crazy stuff.

Thanx again, Gary

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yep, me again with yet another load of pix. We put down the cutters and stopped the welding to fiddle with some small stuff. Got the actuator for the bed slide fit, did more mocking up on the battery / solenoid platform and mocked up the gas tank in cardboard. The slider bed is just GREAT. It only moves a foot to the rear, but it is enough to add gas and fiddle with the electrics if need be. The gas tank will install from below. I haven't calc'd the capacity yet... more later. On the aesthetic side, mounted some repop Zephyr tail lights and we are starting to think more about the size and length of the rear bumper. I REALLY like the way the Zephr lights look in the tail gate! Enyoy, Gary

Attached Files:

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL