Register now to get rid of these ads!

27 Model T Coupe Frame Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by schulzcep, Jan 17, 2013.

1. schulzcep

schulzcep
    from Arizona

I am trying to narrow down my frame options for my 26/27 Model T coupe build. I am planning on channeling the body, z'ing the frame, nothing to radical though.

I was wondering if the coupe will fit on a t bucket style frame with a suicide front end, drop axle or do I need to find a Model A frame to work with?

Pictures would be helpful, or links to other threads as well.

Thanks

2. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

The frame I used on my full fendered 26 T coupe started out as one for a Pro Street T Bucket, I had to add three inches to it to fit my coupe. It wasn't made for a suicide front end though.

Attached Files:

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

How knows what kind of responses you will get as I posted a similar request a while back which may also assist your thinking.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720959

A T bucket frame maybe a little light for a stock wheel base coupe considering the body would weigh a few bit more.
    It is a good idea if you can make it work since those frames are easily found at good prices.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a picture of the frame that Clark Bates built. It is for a 26 coupe coupe. It was built with a suicide front end. The finished wheelbase is 117 inches......hope it helps. There is an album on my profile showing the complete built. The album was stolen by me......so what !!!!

[​IMG]

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA