Register now to get rid of these ads!

Focus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Sounds like it's going to be a really positive and needed change! Thanks for all the sweat equity into this forum!
    And a hearty congrats to the new moderators!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. So far the ideas are great.

Leaves room for everyone to filter their reading.

So got a question, purest hot rodders don't accept '50s era cars and up as hot rods. So in the event that one is building a tri five chebby or say a '60s galaxie or the like that is not a custom it lands on general discussion?

Just being the devils advocate here.

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

as Spock would say, "logical".

5. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Cool. I like the idea of adding pictures of the types of cars to show what type are kosher. Let's face it you have to draw a picture for some people.

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I like the direction you are taking, it'll certainly make navigating through the forum much easier.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Very cool... changes my daily look a little, but I think the reward will be worth it.

8. 117harv

117harv

The changes will only make the site better, looking forward to the new layout.

Thanks Ryan, and to all the moderators, new and old for your up coming hard work.

9. This pretty much sums it up, could go either place , depending on the style:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828348
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828351

10. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

An excellent plan.

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Let's get to work! This place is gonna rule even harder!

12. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I think the General Forum is a great idea, and will probably be the hardest to police. Guys will just need to keep in mind that it is a general forum for hot rod and custom topics, events, and/or period correct discussions, and not an open anything goes forum. At least that is my interpretation.

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

14. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I really like the idea of the 2 forums. The Hamb has been (and probably always will be) hot rod dominated for the most part and custom coverage had a tendacy to fall from the front pages fairly quick. This gives the custom guys a better place to gather and get a little more coverage, for those interested.

15. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

The pictures you posted should also help keep things on track, Ryan. Thanks for the clarifications!

16. belair

belair

"Things are influx right now as we wonder our way into this new direction. Although I guess it’s not a new direction so much as it is a new way to direct content in the direction that we had always intended – traditional hot rods and customs. In other words, things are changing and maybe more than once."

I think this is the heart of the whole deal. I look forward to what you have planned as well as what you will have to come with as you grow and prune this place.

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Sounds ok to me.

18. I am stoked to see the new ideas,and especially see a dedicated section about customs!

As we use to say... Viva la Hamb!

As for the 3 new moderators,,I haven't had the privilege to meet any of them but feel as though I have,,especially Skip. HRP

19. I like it. Some great ideas. There will always be Assholes that don't get it. But for the most part the HAMB kicks butt and provides me with a wealth of info and feedback.

20. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

good luck in your future venture

21. slammed

slammed

Absolute clarity on the criteria of what car style is not allowed, period. No matter how nice, 'bad ass' fast it may be. Ultra modern big inch 17"_up mags, drivetrains are do not reflect the intent of the HAMB correct?

22. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

I wonder where serious but all purpose tech topics (engine, suspension, fabrication) will belong.

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

There's certainly some blurry shit going on here... Like I said, we are in the infancy of this change and this idea... However, the way I see it is that if the above is for a hot rod, it goes in the hot rod forum. If it's for a custom, it goes in the custom forum... and maybe if it's really general, it goes in the general forum.

24. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

And there is always the tech archive for the good stuff.

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm taking a "wait and see" on this as most of all, I don't like change just for the sake of change.
    As an additional comment: I'm almost 76 yrs. old and have been tinkering around with hot rods for over 60 years, my love affair with hot rods and customs started on older guys cars before I could even drive one. And I get fucking tired of some young guy, who wasn't even born when I first picked up a wrench, trying to tell me what is "traditional". So make fucking sure these new moderators really do "know their shit".

26. badshifter

badshifter

This is good news. I don't care how it's done now (MII, air etc.). I want to see how it was done then! My guess is far fewer posts in the specific forums, but what is posted will be of greater value to those that dig this stuff.

27. Love it! Thanks guys & congrats (or is it sympathies) to the new mods; they're good guys for sure!

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

29. Ryan,I will be 80 next month and am sure I will totally agree with you on these new changes...Keep up the wonderful work you do for us here.Thanks for all your efforts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.