Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help, with posting pictures??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtbarnet, Jul 29, 2013.

1. jtbarnet

jtbarnet

Thought that I would try again....wanting to post pictures of my Street legal, 2 seater Sprint Car.....and can not figure out how????? Any help guys?
    Thanks, Jim
    WELLL OK!!!!! My oldest son came home and here comes picture of "Street Legal 2 seater Sprint Car"!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Here's a link that will help.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65684

The easiest way is to "Go Advanced".. click on "Manage Attachments" and upload your pics. These will be thumbnails that will enlarge when you click them.

If you want big pics, you'll need a Photobucket or Flicker account. Host your photos there, then copy and paste the "IMG" code to your post.

3. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Click on "Post Reply". Look for the little "paper clip" (attachments) icon and click it. That will open a window to allow you to "browse" or search your files to locate your photos that you should have previously saved somewhere on your computer. Find the photo you want to upload, double click it. From there you should be able to see a tab that says "upload". click that and it should load onto the H.A.M.B. thread you want it to go. I may have missed a step in there but you should be able to figure it out.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Photobucket, Flicker or Fokti like Boones and a couple of others use work pretty well.

I use Photobucket but sure like the way the albums that Boones shows his photos with on Fokti work.

If you attach them to a thread you also have to watch the size of the original photo as it won't handle big high resolution photos and you have to get the photo within the size limit to attach it. That isn't that much of a problem with a photo hose except when you have photos so large that they don't fit on guys screens.

Adding to what sixshooter said about post reply you have to hit the go advanced tab or when you post an original thread you may have to click on go advanced to bring up the extra icons to get the paperclip Icon to attach photos. Like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

5. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

If all else fails....ask a grandkid. That's what I usually do.

6. I use Photobucket primarily to post photos here,I also have a Fotki site but I can't post from that site,,just storage. HRP

7. jtbarnet

jtbarnet

Welllll, guess I will have to ask a kid....haha...or wait until school starts, and ask one of my students.....everytime I try, it says "Upload failed"...thanks to all of you for help....I will find someone....I KNOW you guys will like what you see when I can FINALLY get some pictures posted....

8. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

Probably because they are too big. Do you have any photo viewing or editing programs on your computer? Most of them have a resize function. There are free editing programs you can down load too.

9. loudbang

loudbang

They should be JPEG photos also. Not bitmaps etc.

10. chopped

chopped

Covered in the questions and suggestions section.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Go to the link I posted, scroll down to post #9. All the answers are there.

12. Limiting your photo pixel sizes to 2000 pixels or less in BOTH directions should help the photos load better.

13. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I had the same problem til I started taking pic's with my phone instead of my camera. I e-mail them to my home email, save them, & then I can upload with no problem.

14. I change the resolution on my camera

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Don't feel bad you are not alone. I have simply given up. And if Photobucket and the rest are so good why do so many pictures just disappear making many threads useless?

This should be simple but for some reason it certainly is not. I am other web sites that use exactly the same process as here and it is not an issue to load. I will ask the kid though.

16. It's been my experience that the pictures disappear because the poster either renamed,moved or deleted then on his Photobucket account which causes the link to become useless.

17. jtbarnet

jtbarnet

Welllll, have given up...school starts and kids will be there on 26th of this month...BUT..school district blocks almost ALL these kinds of sites, so will most likely still be SOL, unless my oldest son comes home this weekend....anyway maybe I will be able to post some soon.....

18. I am having trouble with my pictures showing up rotated. They are the correct orientation on Photo Bucket but rotate when hot linking to HAMB.

Only two are doing it, the others succeeded. What am I doing different? HELP!