Register now to get rid of these ads!

C-Cab info and pix wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34underglas, Mar 21, 2007.

1. 34underglas

34underglas

I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I'd ask the fellers here...... I "inherited" a 1917 C-Cab last weekend. all I gotta do is go get it.:)

anybody here got some pix of a C-Cab that has been rodded?

sounds like it has alot of potential, I hope.

Thanks

Vance

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Is this a Ford, and old Mack over the road chain drive truck, or what?

3. 34underglas

34underglas

Sorry.....guess I just assumed y'all would know that:eek:

its a 1917 Ford C-Cab.

my bad:mad:

Vance

4. Here's all that came up when I asked...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134244

I still plan on building mine sometime to haul my music equipment around with. I might even have the sides flip up so I can play right from the back.

Post pix when you get 'er home...

JOE:cool:

5. 34underglas

34underglas

Thanks for the link!!

gave me some good idears:)

now I just gotta go drag it home:D

Vance

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Just curious. Is the cab of this truck wooden? OR a factory steel C-cab with roadster cowl and windshield?
    The first give-away car at a NSRA event was a hotrod steel C-cab Model T Ford put together by the Minnesota SRA for the event. I know there was a buildup of it in Rod & Custom over the year between the nats. I believe the complete series was included in one of the Quarterlies.
    Found one in the bookcase, Fall 1971 R&C Street Rod Quarterly, Part 3, MSRA C-Cab Porject, pages 56-61.
    Parts 1 and 2 are not in the Summer Quarterly so should be the early parts of 71 when R&C was still monthly.
    The Winter Quarterly includes no new stuff on the T, so follow-ups must be in the early part of 1972 before the Nats in the summer.

7. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

About four years ago there was one of these sitting in a backyard of a house in Breckenridge, TX. Tried to find out about it but never anybody home so I quit trying. It was about a '25 or earlier.

8. I liked this one when I was about 13. Owner was Bill Ward who later was the first Kiwi to build a roadster for Bonneville, ship it over and race it.
    [​IMG]

9. OLLIN

OLLIN

there used to be one in santa monica, it was all rusty but so cool. I used to walk by there when I was a teenager all the time to admire it. It was a 1917 ford c-cab. It was bad ass. The guy that used to own it was named Big Dan from the T-timers. He was an old guy. He said he used to run it at the Lions drag strip in the early 60's. I thought he wanted too much, and it needed a lot of work. and I eventually moved from santa monica, and I heard he passed away. His kids ended up selling all his stuff. He was telling me one time that he had like 100 old cars up in the malibu hills and he lost a bunch of them to the fires in the early 90's.

10. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

hit up the national t bucket association. they'd probally have more info the hambers....

11. 34underglas

34underglas

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the replies.

its a steel cab, with doors.
    gonna try to drag it home this weekend

Vance

12. kioskbiz

kioskbiz

Hi, I now own this C Cab.

I bought it from Bill in 1974.

regards,
    Doug

13. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette