Register now to get rid of these ads!

C-cabs ~ Anyone here got 'em? Please post 'em...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Sep 29, 2006.

1. I've got a '33-'34 Ford 1 1/2 ton chassis and a good cowl, fenders and grille shell. Rather than pay too much for some crap doors and piece together yet another truck project, I'm thinking I want to build a C-cab delivery. Hot rod based, but I still want to use it for hauling. The cowl and body will be channeled to the running boards and will be angle iron and square tubing with simple flat sheetmetal panels.
    I'm probably going to put a Mor-Drop car axle under the front and a Ford 9" or Chevy 10 or 12 bolt rearend. It has two huge parallel leafs in back that I'll use... maybe just lose a few out of the stack.
    I might bob the frame, too, in back. Just cut it and lay the back section on top of the front section and weld it. That'll give it a level look.

I know there's alot of T-bucket style C-cabs, but does anyone have pics, or ides, for building one for big boys to actually use?

This is about the best one a Google search brought me... 'cept it's not a '34.
    [​IMG]

I'd like to see more along the hot rod lines if anyone has 'em.... or photoCHOP this one, maybe..?

JOE:cool:

2. Gemini EFI

Gemini EFI

Gemini EFI

Attached Files:

3. Pretty nice.

I thought about doing mine with wood, but it's too hard to strike an arc on. :D

Is that going to butt up behind a T-cowl, or something similar? I like the back window.
    Got pix of the rest?

Anyone else...?

JOE:cool:

4. boozoo

boozoo

One I did in high school...

[​IMG]

If I ever resurrect it, I have a lot of ideas that ought to really wake it up from being a plain ol' box. But really.... all I did was build a frame and skin it. Walnut panel, cherry trim and lots of Deft. :cool:

5. Abomination

Abomination

Sweet!

Anyone else have one of those?

~Jason

6. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

-my dads high school hot rod built in the early 70's by him and my grandfather, built on 63 vw pan, using 3/4" plywood for the body, had several different vw motors at different times...built with very little money, fun to drive, got lots of attention, still have it sitting in garage waiting to come back to life

vwwoodtruck3.jpg

7. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

This is a 28-29 CCPU cowel. Engine is a B with an original Cragar, Headers, T-5, F-100, hydraulics, etc.

The C-cab has been replaced with a 6-1/2" extended body, so the wood cab is free to anyone willing to drive to Durango! Includes seats and snap on top canvas. The flatbed will be cut down for the new truck. E-mail me if you're interested

Attached Files:

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

Here is the closest I have. Built in the late 60's by a group of Amvets for parades. Has a full American flag belly pan.

Attached Files: