Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Stolen 1934 ford Fort Worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8th grade genius, Mar 29, 2011.

1. EV34

EV34

Sorry to hear that Mike! i will keep my eye out and TELL EVERYONE i know about it, i Know that car inside and out theres alot of people that know the little details out there that would also know some of them little details..... hope we can find it for you!

Ethan

2. EV34

EV34

to help answer some questions for mike ( i sold him the car) its a glass body has the boneville style chop i had added a cowl vent and a swing out windshield to the car had a 8 in ford for the rear (not sure if he changed that or not) i can dig around and see if i can find any pics that would have anything that would stick out... i know i primed the car in black primer and the firewall is painted a dark blue (like washington blue) wheel wells are painted gloss black the frame was gloss black when i sold in the pic he posted looks like those things hadnt changed much...

if you have ever been around the car you would spot it in a heartbeat... its a unique car

Hope ya find it mike let me know if i can help any...

3. Jingles

Jingles

The Pharoah's had the right idea---- "tied him to the truck and dragged him".

4. A long ways away but I will keep my eyes peeled up here in the great white north..... Praying for a good ending for ya... Makes me sick to my stomach.

James

5. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

The wheel locks in question can be purchased online.

Wheel Lock, Wheel Clamp, Trailer Lock | Anti Theft Tire Lock made by Alpha Lock

6. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Locks only keep out the honest people.

Locks can be picked. Tubular (soda machine) locks included.

Physically restraints for towing are defeatable.

I like the hidden self powered GPS locator idea too.

A silent alarm, a night vision scope on a high powered rifle. One second they're stealing, the next they're just a pink mist glistening in the moon light.

7. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

A silent alarm, a night vision scope on a high powered rifle. One second they're stealing, the next they're just a pink mist glistening in the moon light.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm talking about, take the law into your own hands and give em what they deserve. I hope the car is located, and in good condition. If it hasnt been thrown out there already, check craigslist. i would even check craigslist in bordering states, maybe not daily, but at a random....ebay too.

8. Just posted on Facebook to all my car peoples at the round up....Smitty

9. TXMark

TXMark

I'll spread the word in Houston, I'll be at a show on saturday I'll print your post and pass it around

10. Damn, Mike...this just sucks. I just made the trip from the Victoria area [Texas mile competition] and came home up 77 to Dallas and on north through Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri into Nebraska starting Sunday [27th] afternoon ...sorry, didn't see your car and I definetely would have remembered it.
    I still feel the rage of having my model A pickup stolen back in 04...never saw it again and I'm still pissed as the truck had been in my family since it was new in '30. It's a long shot but I'll be watching for the car or your parts at our local swap meets, believe me.

11. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I will check for stuff here in ohio at upcoming car corrall's, swap meets, pass the word to clubs to keep eye out etc.

12. SPCSearcey

SPCSearcey

sayin a prayer for you! hope they dont mess it up too much and that u find it quick. the last one i read about the person did find it with a lil damage but the y got thier car back.

13. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey
    from Azle, TX

I live in the DFW area and will watch for it. It makes me sick thinking about it so I could only imagine how you feel. Hope you find it soon. It is really hard to believe how low people can go to steal like this. I could not look myself in the mirror if I did something like this to someone. Some people just have no conscious I guess. Hopefully there is something to the whole karma thing and they will pay for it one way or another.

14. M16er™

M16er™

On the East side of Ft. Worth. Spreading the word too. Thieves, hope they're found and swift justice taken, I don't wanna pay tax dollars for em in prison.

15. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Hey man, I live in Saint peters mo and I`ll keep an eye out. BTW I know people from many shops around here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  16. 33 coupe

33 coupe

Sorry to hear this. I live in southern Denton county, but I am all over the area on a daily basis. Will most definitely be on the lookout. Feel free to contact if I can be eyes or ears.

17. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Worst feeling in the world.Thousand miles from home and your car gets stolen.Iv'e been there.Good Luck

18. 1lowtrk ... based on your comment I am guessing nothing ever happened with your truck (as far as getting it returned). Seems to me some people alluded to "good things happening" in your post regarding the theft ... guess nothing panned out, sorry man.

19. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Unless I missed it, are you still stuck in the area, or have you left?

20. Still in Texas driving around the small towns

21. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

Looks Like Too Many Thefts! Need Too Buy Me A Wheel Boot. If It Works For The Cops, It Should Stop Thieves I Would Hope?!

Attached Files:

22. historynw

historynw

btt.......this sucks

23. jangleguy

jangleguy

Added this to my list - will be watching. Good luck to you.
    bttt

24. Magnus_Jager

Magnus_Jager

I'm in a small town with no real big events, but I was wondering if something could be arranged, either getting together as a group doing shifts in the parking lot, or if you have a club and park together, possibly hiring a security guard for the nights. If you got enough people together it would probably not be to bad of a cost?

Just thinking. If you wanted to do shifts a guy with a camera, and cell phone would do wonders. As you check in at hotel. Picture of the car, and the driver. With cell number.

Person doing shift gets a book with the photos. If someone goes near the car. Look at book get book check pic call cell. Then maybe cops. Collect info take pics of person messing with it along with any vehicles they came in with.

25. wkrman

wkrman

nothing worse than a thief will keep alook out here in oklahoma good luck, On a bad side note a few years back a guy out of texas had his truck,trailer& 32 coupe taken from motel at the okc nsra nats, a few days later a mail carrier called the local police about a car body off in a ditch. I own the local wrecker service and was sent by the police to recover it. It was striped bare they took every thing even cut the frame off at the firewall. the owner was able get back what was left

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

I upped my insurance this week on the 57. If someone steals it, at least I could afford to buy something different. These posts spook me.

27. SteveNicholas

SteveNicholas
    from Oklahoma

We'll be looking out for it up here in Oklahoma.

28. Guys, dont think i am taking this lightly but sodbuster is a friend of mine and was just pointing out that if they want it they"ll get it. You know what they say about one bad apple spoils the whole damn bunch? Well it dosent matter if they were all bitter to begin with. As for the car I am exhausting every resource I have to find it in any shape it is in. But I am also keeping this in perspective, This Sucks more than you can imagine I didnt have full coverage and have buddy dues a mile long on this car along with financial obligations yet to be finished. With that being said there are far worse things alot of people have to contend with on a daily basis my wife has MS and has to wonder if she will walk in a few years. I can build or fix another car in time. I brought this car with me to Texas to work last week and drive down to Austin to the roundup because I wanted to enjoy the car. I drove it through in Kansas in the snow Sunday night and through the rain in Oklahoma to get here. But I dont feel sorry for myself in anyway I feel sorry for the guy who took the damn thing. I have nothing but time in the evenings to look for it. I spent 200 nights in Texas last year, I only live in Missouri I work here. now back to the apples I come to the HAMB not for the flavor, but for the taste.

And let me beat you to it ( I found your car April Fools)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

29. A friend of mine in college had a boot put on his truck because he accidentally parked in a reserved space (which wasn't marked reserved in any way). He was upset. But rather than go and yell at the campus police or the residence hall staff about it he used his engineer brain to get around the problem. He figured out that if he let the air out of his tire the boot could slip off and he had a portable air compressor in his truck to reinflate the tire.

He had the boot sitting on his dorm room shelf that year as a trophy for how he outsmarted 'the man' at his own game.

If an average Joe can figure out how to get a tow boot off his car a criminal can figure out how to get that deal off as well.

I don't have any answers. You can try your damnest to disable and lockdown a car and I garantee you that a car theif will figure out how to get around it because that's what they do. If they want it bad enough they will figure out a way.

Speaking from experience, car theives (and petty theives in general) are EVERYWHERE in FTW! My wife's car was stolen out of our driveway when we lived there. A bunch of dickhead kids took it for a joyride and abandoned it in another neighborhood (the wife learned that it's a bad damned idea to leave your keys in the car :rolleyes: ). If you drive a pickup don't leave anything in the bed worth stealing either. Some dickhead stole my yard tools out of my bed one day in the 3 minutes it took me to run inside a QT.