Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 chevy daily driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAKE'S-Pumpkinella54, Jan 10, 2011.

1. not sure if it gonna come up. new to this upload stuff . Got the car a year ago got it on the road in 2 weekends . made it my daily. drove it for a year with no heat . winters here a bad and this thing was great in the snow . just wanted to share a recent pic .

2. pecker head

pecker head

I just see the snow !

3. ok i dont know how to post pic to a thread

4. Gator

Gator

5. chevyshack

chevyshack

I hate Oprah!! You should get a new picture.

6. sun down

sun down
    from tx

car looks good but looks short......probably just my old eyes

7. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Very nice, except the Oprah Winfrey avatar.

8. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

The car is sick!!! I love the flat black with the flaked roof. That looks killer on those cars!!! What all did you have to do to make a reliable/safe daily driver?

9. always: normal stuff, quick tune up , rebuild carb, find a tranny , wheels and new tires, Brakes i switch all my cars to a dual pot . I know people ran cars with a single pot ..years ago . but I have too many people counting on my pay check . The car was a squirel motel .

10. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

that car is nice... i love the daily drivers! any photos of what it looked like when you bought it and what work you have done to it if any.. ?

11. Convert54

Convert54
    from Oklahoma

good looking ride there Pumpkin.....keep pluggin at her and you will get what you want,
    I mean the car not oprah

12. Ya check out my profile .. the one with the iroc rims .. thats how it was when i got it . i put the rims to transport .. yes i know iroc rims are not trad haha. it had no interior, no wheels or tires , no tranny, no brakes, its was a real project.

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

14. shooter are you tell me you have one >??

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

ha. if i did it would be tingling.
    nice car man.

16. tuckpoint

tuckpoint
    from omaha,nebr

First old ride was a 53 Chev PU drove it daily,all weather.It went everywhere.the 216 3spd torquetube rear end cut through deep snow ice mud.If it spun a tire I'd grab a gear.Fun ride.Vacwipers sucked.

17. 4284555sd

4284555sd

Jake there is nothing about Oprah that looks or makes me think about old cars. She just makes me mad. I like your 54. Split the maniflow on that 6 cyl. there is nothing sounds better that a split. Maniflow that is.

18. I hate Oprah! but anyways nice car, I'd like to make one of these my daily driver when I move to Florida this spring..nothing cooler than driving an old car everyday

19. Glad to see im not the only one who cant get over the oprah avatar. Great car though.

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I would freakin' wreck Oprah! Car looks great too.

21. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Glad to hear you got it onb the road...ive watched your questions for awhile now, all that hard work and hopefully the help of the HAMB got you rolling...Congrats!

22. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Computer locked up

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  23. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Sorry,Computer malfunctioned!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  24. lol ... stay on topic !! haha . eric thanks man .. you have one of the nicest finished 54 out there . I still have a ton of work to do to it .. but when its slow i play with my cars

25. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Damn...thanks, I have many years invested (like 5+!) so I feel your pain bro. I just moved out here from southern Maine when I got it finished so it really didnt get to much exposure in New England or Im sure you would have seen it! Your car is looking real good too...totally dig the 2 tone! Plus your driving it year round up there...thats just way cool man:cool:! To see a 54 pull up along side at a light in a snow storm is just wild!:eek:

26. robleticia

robleticia

54's are way over rated! Why would you want one of those????:eek: To make it look like Eric's car maybe?:rolleyes: Yeah, that would be a good reason! If I ever finish the 51 I will be calling Eric to get some info on the chop, proportions are perfect!