Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Something I was thinking about and wished we could of had for the first one, event posters. I was thinking of the old type like Blackie uses for the Autorama. The 2 color stamped type. Those definately fit the period.

I know it's a "word of mouth" show but maybe you could sell them at the event and the proceeds could go to Eagle Field itself or go towards the cost of buying barriers or portable bleachers.

I like hanging crap on my walls and whats better than a traditional style poster for a true traditional style event?

2. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Katuna, that's a great idea! I have quite a few event posters in my Garage and would be more than happy to buy at least one (prob. two one for shop one for garage) and I know a bunch of guys that would like to have one as well!

3. Lancer

Lancer

4. leeberz

leeberz
    from fresno ca

well hopefully we can get a date together and have at least the same turn out for the next event that would be awesome and once again thank you to everyone who supported my dad in his event

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That's a great idea........I even have the printer of Blackie's posters on file. I'll see what I can do!

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I just got word that Los Banos' "the Paper" has an article on our event with over 20 pics, also keep your eyes open for the next Rod and Kulture magazine. I better renew my subscription:D alliance members get a discount so get your subscription now!

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Los Banos' "The Paper" hit the news stands yesterday with our story and I thought I would share it with you....................
    With the help of over 75 volunteers history was made on October 10th at the already historic Eagle Field. That's right the Eagle Field Hot Rod Gathering was the first LEGAL Drag Race in the Central Valley in over 35 years, featuring 1965 and earlier Hot Rods, Stockers, Dragsters, Customs and even Mini Bikes.
    With dirt pits, spectator supplied chairs and shade, the Flag Start, untimed, all for FUN Drag Racing took many "Seasoned" racers back and showed us who were not there the Glory Days of Drag Racing.
    The show included runs by Newman's own Elmer Snyder in his original Flathead powered '50s Dragster that battled and beat the the likes of TV Tommy Ivo back in the day. Southern California racer Stormy Byrd brought his historic Fuel Injected, Supercharged, Modified Roadster (Dragster) that was originally built in the early '60s. Stormy made three 1/8 mile tire smoking passes in the Revelation Dragster that brought the crowd to their feet. Add this to the participation of local Car Clubs that included the Fresno's Cam Twisters and Pan Draggers, Los Banos' Rod Runners, Gustine's West Side Auto Club, Merced's Valve Burners, the areas own Firebaugh Express and racers from all over California and it equaled a GREAT TIME had by all!
    The event also included a Car Show in the comfort of the Eagle Field Hanger, Fantastic Food, period DJ, a WWII Plane Fly-by, and a FREE Car Model "Make and Take" hosted by the San Joaquin Valley Scale Modelers (TOMCATS) in the museum for the kids. Something for everyone all surrounded by Eagle Field history and hospitality that is a hard found experience in today's fast paced lifestyle. We are so thankful for all the people who attended and enjoyed themselves! They deserve a BIG hand and pat on the back for making the event a great success!
    We would also like to thank Dos Palos' SAIS Bearing Supply, Fresno's Cerutti & Sons Transportation, TEICHERT Construction, W.S. EMERIAN Trucking, FORTNEY Towing, JORGENSEN Company, KROEGER Equipment and Supply, BELLAIR Motorsports, Devore CA's BRIDGEWATER Equipment, Chowchilla's The SHIRT SHAK, General Petroleum, the American Nostalgia Racing Association (anra.com) and ROD and KULTURE Magazine for all their support. For future Eagle Field events check eaglefield.net or ask a local Hot Rodder! Rocky

Check http://dutraspaper.com/ and the story may be posted there soon. Rocky

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

9. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I dunno, part of me says that would be cool but a bigger part of me says use the money for other neccesities and just Run fer Fun. I thinks that's what made it great to begin with. With R&K coverage it will grow.

Besides, you don't want to go all GoodGuys on us now:D!

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

:D:D:D:D I agree with you Katuna, but hey if someone wanted to step up......................:cool:

11. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

I agree with Katuna!!!!!! Enjoying the Run fer Fun aspect was what most people seem to be talking about the most. Besides you'll be going to 1/4 mile soon enough??????

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

NO WAY!:D I'm a believer and supporter of the 1/8th!

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

14. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

1/8 mile format !
    You have a winner Rocky
    Flag Start , The crowd understands it, It's DRAMATIC !

Pinks, hand drop, spare me....... You've got a guy that jumps 20 feet in the air swinging a big green flag. That you can see from the side lines

1/8 mile format, quick, safe, fun, less parts breakage.
    Who needs to know how fast I was going ? it was smokin the tires at a 1000 mph . It all looked fast, that was the point, let everyone guess, imagine what they want. It was smoke, noise, gear banging racin.
    You've got a winner
    Go out & ask some of the local business people for $300 & put them on a poster as event sponsors. Richard Heath of Full Throttle News did it years ago & had like 30 co sponsors. That paid for a lot of t-shirts & $300 wasnt like trying to tap someone for $1000 to be a major sponsor for his "Thunder Island" Race at Terminal Island he & Big Wille put on down here.
    They see there name on a poster OR..... on the back of your shirt(Fresno Reunion on front) they will be stoked !

Thanks StOrMy

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  15. Awesome! That looks like lotsa fun. Love that you're trying to keep that ol field active. That seems like a great spot. Man...we wanna do what we can to help out as well.
    Good luck guys, we'll be checking the progress on this!!!!

16. jeff spence

jeff spence

does any one want to caravan from salinas to dos palos send me a pm

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA