Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see your Kick Ass Interior that is period correct to your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Jun 8, 2010.

1. what's Kemp?

2. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Got the Buick back from the upholstery shop the day before Billetproof in Giddings
    [​IMG]
    original seats recovered in this[​IMG]

3. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Great thread. Let's see more!

4. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I tend to agree. Disk brakes, seat belts, etc. All good stuff, imo.

5. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

here is mine, under the 80's vinyl covers, its straight up 1954 stock!

Attached Files:

6. Wow that looks great,, if that came from JC Whitney I think I need to drop my order from a big $ place I won't say the name of. :eek:

7. I've seen your panel truck on other threads and it is WAY cool! Interior is very sano, also. Just a question - how do you get from the back to the driver's position with the bench seat? Love the paint job, candy red?:cool:

8. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I've since jerked the heater body out.
    [​IMG]

9. asphaltoutlawhero,
    do you have any more pics of your roadster.
    thanks.
    Al.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Some of them may be gone from the big server crash or one of the updates, but otherwise there may be a few on here, I'm not sure how far the archives go back anymore. But I did a quick search for "what is traditional" with it in quotes like that and came up on a couple of pretty good threads that go over some of the hashing it out, some of them from as far back as '03 some as new as this year. It's always worth looking through old posts.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479646

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7867

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155731

there are just a couple of what's out there if you do a search. notice most of them get closed.

11. nail-head

nail-head

They won't see my sound deadener, it's under my Dynamat;);)

I actually installed new loop reproduction carpet when I had the interior apart to rewire the car. The original carpet basically disintegrated when I pulled it out. I also cut up my console to install my SW gauges and my next project will be building a shifter cover plate for the console. I installed a Lokar shifter on my ST400 and it won't work with my original shifter cover plate. I don't like the black anodized shift knob on the Lokar unit, but they don't seem to make something more traditional looking. Can you powder coat something like that? That would give it that shiny black resin look of an older shifter knob.

[​IMG]

12. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

Did the interior in my 32 myself.

Attached Files:

13. widow maker

widow maker
    from nj

This is perfect!!

Attached Files:

• 052.jpg
      052.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
      Views:
  14. By Dave Martinez...

Attached Files:

15. snelson57

snelson57

I figure that mine needs a color change more than the interior...so I am going to keep the interior and paint the body something that matches better.

Attached Files:

• 463.JPG
      463.JPG
      File size:
      143.5 KB
      Views:
    • 466.JPG
      466.JPG
      File size:
      138.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Not saying that it's "perfect" but it's leather and it is what I wanted.
    Upholstery all done by Buddy Pruitt, at right in last photo.

Attached Files:

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

This is mine......

[​IMG]

In this.......

[​IMG]

18. Really nice work, bobo....

Hotrod32 has the epitome of '50's rolls & pleats..(and color!)

19. George G

George G

Where can I find plaid covers like this??

[​IMG]

20. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

^ that's gorgeous. Wow.

21. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

On ebay or here in the classifieds from time to time.

22. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

OK , heres mine by the one the only fatlucky

Attached Files:

23. My 40 interior. I was going for an early 60's look.......don't know if it's "kick ass" or not, but here it is.........;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  24. Here a tatste of what I did in my 62 Galaxie....

Attached Files:

25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I wish I could post pic`s- Mine is done in black and maroon floral matarial-sounds ugly-but goes good with the 60`s build theme. FINKD even likes it. After 15 years, I finally finihed the trunk.

26. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Wow, this one is killer. With all the pleats that was what? 15 Hours of work on forming the leather alone? More? Just amazing result. Good job man.

Damn, this ride is so perfect, there is nothing out of place, nothing wrong. Wow, nice work.

I dig it, and I don't think it is too over the top.:rolleyes:
    But all in all, killer cripple kart (didn't want to spell the kripple with a k for kinda obvious reasons... ha ha, my bad.

Nice work and your wood skills are absolutely astounding but, back up a little with the camera, I can hardly tell what I am looking at. But other than photo skills, killer work.

Sorry if I misspell anything, I have drool on my keyboard and it is messing with my keys.:D

Sucks that he sold it, killer car with an even more astonishing interior. Perfect design and in no way over the top. Just perfect.

I gotta say that this is just cool man, real or fake? Is it affordable on a budget cause if so, I am thinking about picking some up for a friend.

Yeah but you don't count... you are just too good. It is unfair. Your welds: spectacular, you builds: life changing, and now your interiors: beautiful. So how is that sexy little gold t coming along?

Wow, I love your interior! It is so perfect, I really like how there is almost no white anywhere in the whole interior, just offset greens and whites, but no real white. Plus the phone and the tv? Just too good, it is unfair.:D

27. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Kemp is 50's term some used to describe a car or truck,particularly a Kustom.Just sounds hep to me:cool:
    check this out ; http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400059&highlight=kemp

I can't actually drive the Kart so I don't need access to the front seat, my wife drives for me. However, the bench seat does fold down for access from the outside and to the front wheelchair restraints. I also have jump seats for people to keep me company in the back. Glad you like the paint and yep, it's Kandy red HOK over silver flake.

[​IMG]

I call the interior 'Liberace's padded cell.Nice'n'light'n'sparkly!

zmcmil2121 why didn't ya wanna spell it with a K? Dat's the way I like's it. :D

Paul

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

My "cough" free "cough" bench

[​IMG]

Other than that its all black paint, some gauges, a roll bar, and blue simpson racing harness

29. OK I get it- The back looks as good as the front, too! To bad you're "across the pond" from me, I'd like to ride in it. I could roll with ya:cool:

I can't actually drive the Kart so I don't need access to the front seat, my wife drives for me. However, the bench seat does fold down for access from the outside and to the front wheelchair restraints. I also have jump seats for people to keep me company in the back. Glad you like the paint and yep, it's Kandy red HOK over silver flake.

[​IMG]

I call the interior 'Liberace's padded cell.Nice'n'light'n'sparkly!

zmcmil2121 why didn't ya wanna spell it with a K? Dat's the way I like's it. :D

Paul[/QUOTE]

30. Going for a 60's vibe on the deuce, still got hood lining and a few panels to finish..

Attached Files: