Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cordova Ill Drags,,1958

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CONNMAN, Apr 10, 2010.

1. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,looking thru my boxes of pics ,,found these when i went to the Cordova ,Illinious Drags from Iowa in fall of '58,,
    [​IMG]

2. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,Check out the cars in the background too,

[​IMG]

3. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>my '34 Chevy,,265-2 barrell,,3 speed OD w' a Columbia Two Speed rear ,,
    <>>>>that Stude Four Door ,?? i was told years later that K S Pittman was driving it that day ,,
    [​IMG]

4. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Cool stuff! Haven't been to 'Dova in years, heard it's really nice now. I'll have to make it a point to get out there this year. maybe take the Stude up for a "Test and Tune" day and see if I can break into the "teens" LOL..

5. Wolfie

Wolfie

WOW! I can remember that one year in the late 1950s me and some friends took a houseboat up the Mississippi from Davenport and tied up to some nice folks dock and then walked across the highway to the strip. I've seen some late pictures of Cordova today and of course, it's not even similar to what it was then. I left the area for California in 1961 and never returned to live there. GREAT MEMORIES though!!!

Wolf

6. Thanks for sharing those pics, really cool stuff.

Brad

7. Big Tony

Big Tony

Nice pics... would of been a kewl time to live

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

CONNMAN, Awesome. Thanks. Slim

9. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,Jimmy B; not sure i can scan it any different than that ....i'm not very good at the scanning deal ,,i just know the basics ,,can you "Copy" it ???

10. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Jimmy B; WQW !! neet links you posted there ,,i didn't have any idea it was THAT famous ,,i watched it run that Sunday in '58 ,,but don't rember how fast it went ,,there was a lot of fast cars there that day ,,

11. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,I see my first pic got RED X'd ,,here it is again,not sure why they get RED X'd ,,
    [​IMG]

12. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,Jimmy B; I went into the Air Force summer of '61 ,,i left all my Codova pics in my top dresser drawer ,,'bout three rolls of em ,,after Jet Mechanics Tech School ,when i went home on leave at x-mas ,,,my folks were moving to Des Moines ,,my Mom had cleaned out all my stuff ,.,,i was lucky to save that picture ,,,i had more of that "Lakester" ,i'll search my boxes of hundreds of pics & see if i have anymore of it ,,but mignt take awhile ,,they're in storage with a bunch of other boxes ,,

13. Thank you for sharing your pics. Your '34 was a great looking ride. if you can look for any other pics of the S/G roadster that would be great!!:cool:

14. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,Jimmy B; O K ..i'll search the boxes ...
    Hey,,,what motor was he runnin' in '58 ??? was it the Jimmy Six ???

15. Connman, Thank you! It would of been the Jimmy 6. I don't know who owned it in '58 looks like I have to do some digging.