Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Reunion 08 Thompson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wvenfield, Jun 1, 2008.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Here are a few pics from the Gasser Reunion at Thompson in Ohio today. The day was absolutely perfect. Took the wife and my 6 year old daughter with me (first drags for both)

I'll post a few here with a link to pics at the end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some idea of the track for those who have never been there. I now live in WV but grew up 15 minutes from here. My neighbor ran a Willy's there often that I still would like to know what happened to. (It was called Moody/Thompson)

Anyways, this next pic shows the cars lined up. Littleman's "beater" can be seen front left. Sorry, I didn't get a pic of him running as I was trying to convince my daughter that the bee's wouldn't bother her if she didn't bother them. (beater was his definition of it, not mine)

[​IMG]

Here is one of Don Moyer and the Rebel Reaper launching.

[​IMG]

This gold Willy's was simply beautiful.

[​IMG]

My wife liked the Chilly Willy. I got to explain to her why some cars got a head start and why the win lights sometimes went off before the cars actually finished. I was pretty happy with this shot.

[​IMG]

I know 55 Chevy's are pretty common place, but I really dug this car.

[​IMG]

I seem to recall this car from last year. It would really run well.

[​IMG]

As I said, a simply beautiful day. Nice to meet Littleman. You'll see a pic of his Benelli. I only mention it here because I told him I had one just like it as a kid. So if you read this Littleman, where did you get this one? As you mentioned, they aren't everywhere. I wonder what the chances of this one being the one I had? I sold it (around 1976) well before moving from the area.

(link below)

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=2003094

2. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Nice pics!
    Need a good link to the rest of 'em though.

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Doh, sorry. Fixed.

4. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

5. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Wvenfield, thanks for stopping by...great to meet you!......the Benelli was picked up from a friends neighbor in Willowick,Ohio a few yrs. back........We had a great weekend for once and dodged the weather bullet.......all thou camping Friday night was like being in a tornado.....it was harsh to say the least........My Truck performed as I hoped after doing some homework and several jet changes later...made twenty plus passes and a good time was had by all....some criminal put some gnomes on my truck but I will not mention any names...I will just get him back!........Abig thanks to everyone that helped out......You can read about the times I ran in this thread.....Littleman

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215723

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the re-cap. I can't believe it, the one year I leave town it is actually nice enough to have a race!

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

the Benelli was picked up from a friends neighbor in Willowick,Ohio a few yrs. back........

I'm going to guess that there was a dealer in the area back in the day as Willowick is where mine came from also.