Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

[​IMG]
    By madmidget, shot with C3000Z at 2007-10-15

The 327 has done its job and will be retired, it will be relpaced with more cubic inches and over two more points of compression, heads as of yet to be determined, I am trying a hydraulic roller cam for the first time, and am excited to finish this up and install and light this one off........this one just may be a Hemi killer, time will tell, my truck only weights 2,360 lbs. w/ me in it.....I plan on some sort of roll bar and really need to up grade them 36 Ford bones out back........The 327 ran a best of 12.26........This is what I have been working on since I have been home, along with organizing my back garage, before I left for California at the first of the year I was working on a small 9' x 14' add on room, with the idea of putting my mill and lathe in it....I finally have them in place and wired, still need to dial the machines in.......DeathsDoorStep is on its way back home for round two, and I am getting close to building my chassis table..........just a small update of what I have been up too, people have asked me for awhile now.........I am gathering the parts for a new project for a full on wicked drag car.........the idea will not leave me alone...so I must build it.......Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice! I presume the bright finish sheets on the lower walls are heavy gauge theft preventers, yes? Insulated and wired for 220V?

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Instead of using drywall, I insulated, screw on 1/2'' plywood and sheeted it with the metal, I wanted an industrial look to the room, I then hard lined all the electrical ect. I really enjoyed the project for its change of pace.....Its still not done as of yet, but did just epoxy paint the floor........I have changed some of my thinking about garages..........I think they should be dialed in just as much as our HotRods are dialed in and organized.....I cannot wait until I am all done, I will not build anything until I am done with the whole reorganization, Thanks Littleman

4. Rusty

Rusty

That motor is gonna be killer, nice addition

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Should be a wicked lil motor ya got there. Damn nice shop too.

6. leadsled01

leadsled01

As always, I am impressed.

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

Sweet !!! Cant wait.

8. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I can't wait to see it!

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

10. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Is that a shop or a hospital?

"Madmidget" thats a fantastic name..

wish you were here in WI we missed you at the Pile Up!!!

12. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

everything looks killer.that's a real nice home shop.i liked the changes that you made on your coupe,while on the show.

there is nothing like being home after being in california for a while,is there?

-danny

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I like them bumps on those pistons! Good gas must be easy to get up there, no?

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks GREAT bud, thanks for the update. and yeah, you and Don were noticebly missed

15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Wow what a shop and 12.26 is a damm good time. What kind of times are you looking to run?

16. So 2000 empty?;) Great shop, keep us up to speed on the latest.

P.S. Glad you didn't forget us H.A.M.B.ers, Hollywood.

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

Congrats man and Thanks for the update. Hope everything is going great cause you deserve it.

Later man

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Does that mean, you didnt take the gig at Socal?
    Nice shop, I'll take that 327 if you don't want it anymore.

19. ig'nant

ig'nant

Nice! Shop looks great.

Side note, but I just found the time to crank up the 'ol DVR and finish watching the show. You did good man, and you deserved the nod at the end for sure.

20. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Are you sticking with the 6x2s?

21. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

There is a basic rule to roller cams...if you install 1 in one of your personal motors, you will never buy a flat tappet cam again. the difference, to say the least, is dramatic.

you wanna have real fun? next time, go with a solid roller. they're just incredibly stable. ( and have a nice "pissed off sewing machine "sound- sooo coool.)

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Bass, I have always run race fuel in the 327, so I am used to it, just a little pricey.....but I am not complaining....it helps give me the results I am after, plus I like the smell, its the closest I will ever come to wearing cologne.

Devin, Yes I am going to run the 6 x 2's, I did consider duel fours, but it just would not be the same, I like the challenge of the 6 x 2's.

Continentaljohn, I am building this engine with the six two's in mind, hoping it will help it drink the fuel better, I am curious to how the six two's will perform on a more healthier engine, my 327 did very well after lots of tuning thou...

Dreadman, I have declined on the job for now, it looks to be impossible to make any kind of lateral house move.......just so exspensive out their.....but am keeping an open mind...

Luxblue, I am hoping for good results from the roller camshaft, I tried one in high school, drove the car around the block and left parts all over the street, I never heard of doing a clay check..he hee....I learned real quick after that...

Hot rod pro, I hope to get alot done on the coupe real soon, I did not have no real time to work on it during the show...

Hotrodladycrusr, I sure did miss alot this summer, but more than made up for it with what I ended up doing.......I was lucky to make it to Drag way 42....Pile up would have been great to attend, looks like all had fun !!

I am going to continue on working in the back garage, cleaning and organizing, I am awaiting the arrival of the Coupe...any day now...
    Thanks everyone, Dave Littleman Lohr

23. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

Wow Dave, I am really digging the shop. I look forward to seeing what oddball creation comes out of the shop next. It was good seeing you last week.

Oh! I just put pics up on Shine's site of you and him at Bonneville. Enjoy.

24. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I hape my building is as nice looking and oranized as yours when it is done.

25. Best quote I have read in years. I am in the middle of finding organization in my new place as well.

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wow, now that's organization. Those pictures inspire me to get off this computer and clean! Glad to hear you are replacing the old 327. I thought I might see her go at 42 but I see she must have held on.
    Were you at Speedweek? How did I miss you? It is such a small place and all.... ha ha ha

Take care, see ya around

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I was their a few weeks ago for the Finals, I can not imagine SpeedWeek with all the cars........But I was invited back by Mr. Jesel to crew again next August if I want.......I really thought the 327 was going to become a dead player @ Dragway 42, but it lived, not that I did not try to break it, it just would not break...It will live on in something else, I would like to find a 57-61 Ford f-100 to put it in, I sure have grown fond of them for some reason........I need a shop truck.............Thanks Littleman

28. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Some fireslots in the popups on the pistons would help flame travel a bunch

29. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Quick update.......I just pulled the engine out of my Model A Pickup today to swap out for more HorsePower and rearend mods along w/ a roll bar , and may change the truck stance as well...I had all winter to do the work on the truck , plenty of time to get it to the track come spring...I just can not wait to fire the new engine off and watch the Truck Tremble in anger so I am working on it early........I always tend to work on what I am feeling at the time.......I am going to paint ''Ankle Bitter'' on the doors finally......Later, Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I back it into the garage and did its last burnout with the 327...You can see the marks on the floor...that engine was a trooper, I tried like hell to break it, but it lived.......

30. Roothawg

Roothawg