Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Tapatalk & The H.A.M.B. App

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 28, 2021.

1. THATS IT!!!! IF THERE IS NO APP THEN SCREW THIS PLACE I’M DONE.... WHAT KIND OF INTERNET FORUM CANT BE BOTHERED TO HAVE ITS OWN APP?!!!!

Who am I kidding....I love this place.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. I’m beginning to think you need a decaf, lots and lots of decaf. Just sayin.

Thor1, rotten ron, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  3. Does this mean no more posts that end with "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" or "Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B"???

Great News!!!

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and squirrel like this.
  4. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use the HAMB on my laptop whenever possible, but my phone's web browser is fully featured and can use all features of the site just fine. I was never sure what the tapatalk app really brought to the table and never explored it.

Sent from my laptop using Chrome ;)

Paul and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. topher5150

topher5150

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Never used it. Both my Android phone and I Pad have chrome on them just like my two PC's at home, so that's what I use.

7. Thank for being a standup guy.

chryslerfan55 and osage orange like this.
  8. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I’ve long used the H.A.M.B. App on my iPad. Why? Because I’m a work from home IT consultant. I spend my day, all day, in my office with the computers and monitors. In the evening, the last thing I want to do is go back in to my office with the computers and monitors. I’d much rather sit in my family room with the radio on, a beer on the side table, and a small book sized tablet checking in on the H.A.M.B. and a few other sites.

Tapatalk sucks, but in a convenient way for me. I fully support killing off the app if they can’t understand why data privacy matters, and major props to Ryan for standing tall on that issue. I’ll adjust.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. For those of us who don't technology very well, does any of this stuff affect anything if you are looking at the HAMB with a laptop computer?

osage orange and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Thanks for looking out for our privacy!

osage orange likes this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

it should not.

chryslerfan55, osage orange and fauj like this.
  12. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as TOS and all of the other stuff, but I do find it refreshing that your main concern was the protection of our information. Very admirable. Thank you.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well if I can't get it on my phone next week so be it, If I can that means I wasn't using that particular app after all. I only get on the Hamb on the phone when I am waiting for my wife to get her hair done or waiting for her to quit piddle potting around in some store so it isn't a big issue right now.

14. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I am in the same boat as Mr. Gersic, my work week (for another 4 yrs and 7 months) is spent in front of several computers all day long. Once I leave my office I’m done with computers. One of the main reasons why I use the app is because I simply cannot see the browser page well enough to read the topics at a glance. The App does a good job of that imo. I opened it like others do, when I had a few moments waiting on my wife tanning or shopping or something.

IMG_3854.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

When I retire I will follow Moriarity’s plan and ditch the phone so maybe I’ll use a pc then. In the mean time I’ll try to use the browser again.

I completely understand your position Ryan, it’s your site and business and I’m glad you are protecting the users. Good luck to everyone and stay safe. Regards, Randy

David Gersic and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

TOS is jargon for Terms of Service, and yeah, probably not good to use that when addressing a lay audience. The Terms of Service are contained in that big load of fine print that shows up from time to time on your screen, and you have to click on "I agree" to continue. Nobody reads that shit, right? Yeah, they don't want you to, so they delibrety make it long and tedious so you'll skip it.

Well apparently Tapatalk has altered their TOS to basically say you formally authorize them track all of your online behavior, and sell it to marketers who want to target you with their advertising. Which is total BS--an acronym we all understand.

16. And I just figured out how to edit a thread title.

17. I never had an issue with the app but appreciate @Ryan watching out for the members. After logging in with Chrome the board looks optimized for mobile just fine. Kinda makes the app a moot point. So, I deleted the app along with a half dozen others I didn't use. My phone is better for it.

18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks for the heads-up Ryan. I've been considering dumping a lot of phone apps and will, sadly, add the HAMB app to the list. I've had it since it came out and has been on all my phones since. It worked fine but the browser on the phone works too. Many thanks for your privacy concerns for us.

chryslerfan55 and pprather like this.
  19. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Same here!

guthriesmith and pprather like this.
  20. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You gotta do what you gotta do and really appreciate the heads up.
    I use each different.
    The app loads photos really fast for me from my mobile device.... not so much or not at all off my PC as I'm at the limits of the DSL in my rural residence.
    I'll see how the mobile device does with the site using a browser.... "Browser" ... Sounds like the name for my next dog....

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. squirrel

squirrel

Test post with Firefox on my phone.

PXL_20210520_173258325.jpg

22. squirrel

squirrel

Yes, it's an authentic old race car paint job. I went to a lot of trouble to paint it myself, because painters today just can't lay down orange peel like you're supposed to.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  23. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

That's a "signature line" if I ever read one!

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Oil pressure and water temperature look good, zero manifold pressure is right where it should be if idling at about 850 rpm.
    But like the topic of this thread it does make one wonder about what goes on that is not being closely monitored.

Thank you Ryan for doing that.

bchctybob, Tman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 5window

5window

Thanks, Ryan. I wouldn't have know about the bad issues without you mentioning it. Thanks for looling out for us.

26. 5window

5window

Don't quit your day job. Unless you are a full time rapper, in which case, yes,quit your day job! :)

27. To your credit I don't see any "flowchecks" ;)

28. little red 50

little red 50

You should have entered that in the tech thread.