Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Talking Shop with the Hot Rod Kid

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Mar 19, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Talking Shop with the Hot Rod Kid

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

If you get back to McMinnville be sure to go see the Spruce Goose that Howard Hughes had built at the museum there. It is quite impressive and worth the time it takes.

trevorsworth and tractorguy like this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

And perhaps sometime you can explain to us IT challenged old farts what a "podcast" is and whether you view it or listen to it and how?

4. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

A podcast is basically a radio show that you can listen to on your computer or phone (if it has internet access). For the episode I wrote about today, you can listen to it here: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-hotrod-kid/joey-ukrop-rodders-journal-ep8-vmRQZT83MY-/ by clicking the little triangle inside the red circle.

Tim likes this.

5. very cool, didnt know about this one and its local as well. Gonna have to tune as a fellow younger rodder, lol.

J.Ukrop likes this.
  6. Okay just finished listening in and I really have to agree with you guys on the whole proving yourself to the older crowd as the young kid playing around with the old cars, my worst when I was working and judging at the Forest Grove Concours doing the rod and custom classes

Nick32vic likes this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

When I first started doing this traditional hot Rod thing, it was all about sticking it to the old farts, their lawn chairs, and their stupid contemporary styled cars. :)

Tman, Nick32vic and Taboo56Chevy like this.
  8. yeah that was my childhood. mustang II front ends, digital dashes and billet barf everywhere and friend ooh and ahhing whatever the best new tuner car was in fast and furious, while I am wearing out VHS tapes of American Graffiti and The California Kid.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for the info on podcasts.

10. I am only a few years older than you but the late 80s-90s heartbeat graphic shit made me puke. Great podcast, two young dudes talking passion. A HUGE new respect for both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

Well thank you for that Ryan. Us old farts do appreciate it. :D