Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A Four Banger Valves (How Do You Get Them Out?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, Jun 15, 2020.

1. So I finally decided to pull that old four banger apart. I got it for free from a friend of mine because he said it was stuck. I've started disassembling it, and I truly believe that its only suffering from stuck valves.

Sprayed everything that moved down in penetrating oil. Got all the valves unstuck (mostly). I was able to get the first spring off of a valve when it suddenly dawned on me that the base of this valve was not going to come up from the block.

The base of this valve has a shape like the bottom of an hour glass. How in the hell do I get it out without busting anything?

2. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Two piece valve guides.

3. dwollam

dwollam

The valve spring basically holds the split guides in place.

Dave

4. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Have you checked out the monthly banger meet? If you are having issues the guys over there are awesome to help.

5. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

6. Gary in MN

Gary in MN

I hope this picture helps. As stated before split valve guides. These tools will work fine. Gary in MN DSC01698 (1024x576).jpg