Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mustang 5 sped and S10 tailstock

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Canuk40, May 24, 2019.

1. Canuk40

Canuk40

I need an S10 tailstock to mate to my Tremec 5speed. It is a WC out of a Mustang GT.
    Are the tailstock bolt patterns universal? Or do I need a specific year/model to get the correct fit?
    Any guidance is appreciated.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I don't know of any bolt pattern differences, but there are differences in provisions for lubrication in that area you should be aware of as well as the speedometer drive gear location and mounting on the tail shaft. My memory is insufficient to attempt to recite them here, but there are several threads on the HAMB regarding the T-5. Do a'search' and you should find plenty of info to keep you busy for awhile.

3. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

4. Raunchy

Raunchy

They all interchange but you need top off the S10 that has the shorter shift rods too. There are the speedometer gear differences but there are different ways to over come that. Lubrication is a little different on some but not that critical. Look up Ultimate T5 thread on here and you can see the differences.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER