Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs It's great to be alive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IROC100, Oct 23, 2017.

1. IROC100

IROC100
    from NY

It's been over a year since I have posted on here or even worked on my Buick, so I thought that I should explain why I havn't updated anything on the it. On August 14, 2016, sometime around noon or a little after, I was in my garage just finishing up a small job for someone, when all of a sudden it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a 24 lb sledge hammer and down I went. I remember thinking I just had a heart attack and looking at my phone witch was 20 some feet away. The next thing I remembered was someone saying that they were going to transport me to another hospital and me asking where am I , they answered, your at Ellis hospital, which is in Schenectady and they were sending me to Albany med. when I asked what happened they told me I had a dissection of the aortata, that's ,all remember until 2 days later. So now after surgery and hearing " Your so lucky,you should've die'd" for a over a year, the doctors have removed all my restrictions and are letting me get back to work on my Buick, nothing heavy just light duty, I'm not 100%, but at least I can get out and do smething.So I just wanted to let some of you know that I hadn't quit working on the car, I just couldn't do anything until now.

scrapiron, bedwards, TagMan and 31 others like this.
  2. I here ya man. I had my second heart attack in May of this year and I'm just starting to feel well and like my old self again. Missed the whole summer working on my coupe. But hey I''m here. :) Good luck to you on your continued recovery.

Fern 54, Stogy, AndersF and 1 other person like this.
  3. I haven't had anything that serious but I know being restricted in your affairs and basically having to stay indoors doing not much of anything takes its toll on you. Great that you can now get back to living again. Carry on....

4. Deuces

Deuces

Glad you're still with us!!!!!:)

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Health first.Car secondary. At least you are still here to get back to it.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  6. George

George

wow, you're lucky. My Dad had a partial rupture of the aorta. managed to pull through when he should haven't.

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

WELCOME BACK.my granny used to say never put off til tomorrow what you can do today.makes sence now40 years later

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Welcome back and best wishes for continued health!

wraymen likes this.
  9. Enjoy every day! Great to hear you are better.

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Enjoy everyday, life is too precious!
    KK

11. Glad to hear you got a second chance! Take care.

12. Glad to hear you're OK!!!

13. Thank The Good Lord,it wasn't your time. HRP

14. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great to hear your back and doing what you love.
    Jim

15. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Keep after it ... the way some of us treated ourselves in the '60s & '70s, it tickles me every time I wake up.

1stGrumpy and wraymen like this.
  16. IROC100

IROC100
    from NY

THANKS EVERYONE!
    302GMC. When I was in the hospital I was thinking the same thing.

302GMC likes this.
  17. ...great news, how bout a pic or two of your project?

18. trollst

trollst

Hey, been there buddy, got a similar talk from my heart doc, I'm also lucky to be alive. Gives you a fresh outlook. Take it easy......

19. IROC100

IROC100
    from NY

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back to the Hamb and to being healthy. Just don't get carried away and over do it.

21. Welcome back, cheers for a long and happy life.

22. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

23. belair

belair

Glad you're still on top of the dirt. God is good.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the update, glad you are doing well! Bob

25. j3harleys

j3harleys

Glad your doing better. That stuff changes a guys out look on things. Enjoy every day we never know if its our last.

26. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Glad to hear that you are doing good. I had a stroke almost two years ago in Nov. Still not 100% found out that I have a genetic flaw in my left corrarid artery. So I have to take it easy.

Stogy likes this.
  27. fordflambe

fordflambe

I'll always remember the day my older brother told me "Getting old isn't for sissies". At 65, i fully understand what he was saying..............Glad to hear you are doing better and ready to get back to projects!

28. brady1929

brady1929

29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Glad to hear your moving forward! Scary as hell I know. Although not the same or as serious as yours, I have had a couple live changing issues myself. Will never be what I was but believe me you learn to deal with it. Take it EASY and don't rush. Joe

30. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I have a larger than normal aorta (1.0mm) and have an annual check up. It doesn't sound much however my doctor and cardiologist monitor it. Hypertension doesn't help. No health, no fun! Good to hear that you're OK. Time now to get back to the car and make up for lost time. You've still a lot of living to look forward to. :D

Stogy likes this.