Register now to get rid of these ads!
1927graham

This car stands 48 1/2" tall, when sitting in the seat, you are 12" off the pavement, I'm 5' 10", I just fit, love driving it. I'll be able to use most of the interior on the rebuild. Has an cool, original 32 dash panel. All the wiring will be replaced, as well as the shifter. I've trashed the 17" Cadillac steering wheel, replaced with a 13.5" Grant, what were they thinking?

This car stands 48 1/2" tall, when sitting in the seat, you are 12" off the pavement, I'm 5' 10", I just fit, love driving it.
I'll be able to use most of the interior on the rebuild.  Has an cool, original 32 dash panel.  All the wiring will be replaced, as well as the shifter.  I've trashed the 17" Cadillac steering wheel, replaced with a 13.5" Grant, what were they thinking?
1927graham, May 11, 2013
    • von Dyck
      The 13.5" steering wheel (IMHO) is a nice diameter for the limited confines of a Model A truck cab. Not cutting the firewall for engine clearance was a smart consideration on the part of the original builder.
      Just a suggestion - if you raise the front of the seat bottom 4 or 5", you'll find the seating more comfortable, and it will feel like more leg room for your 5'10" frame. My roadster is done this way, and I have less leg room in the 'T'. (5'11")
    • 1927graham
      @von Dyck
      I appreciate you input, I'll try the seat arrangement you suggested, make sense.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    31 Model A PU
    Uploaded By:
    1927graham
    Date:
    May 11, 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.