Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally! scratch built 32 roadster...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratamahata, Sep 8, 2015.

1. It's been a long time and my good friend two weeks ago started with this project , I feel some nostalgia because it was I who asked him to fabricate me a deuce once , and today to see the progress and the metal conforming , Friends, I feel many things ...
    The idea is to produce a body to sell at an affordable cost ... is intended that the body has the indicated proportions and leaving many details remain the order of the buyer ...

Link below is for my older post about build the roadster!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/some-progress-on-my-deuce-roadster-project.719493/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

A lot of work so far. Just curious about your business plan. The US market is saturated with Deuces made of steel and fiberglass and all have been successful selling them over the years. Brookville has dominated the market with their die stamped steel version of the iconic Deuce and continues to hurt the fiberglass market. Do you plan to offer a comparable product for a much lesser price or in a kit form to assemble once received? Brookville offers this option also. Others have tried to maintain market share but have failed due to poor quality and marketing efforts. I wish you good luck in an already crowed industry.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    ratamahata likes this.
  3. Currently in Argentina there is a small amount of hot rodding lovers, by the way the market is very limited ... but the deuce, it is slowly becoming known by the culture of hot rodding and is being appreciated more and more .. .
    Surely a company as Brookville installed in Argentina have very few sales ...
    Most of the parts that are achieved are people selling these old cars to pieces, or whole cars ... many models T and A, almost none of the 32 ... and several V8 ...
    The idea of my friend is making bodies on request! At a low price to have sales ... To this ... he told me that he has to leave out many details or things you could do to improve the body ...
    The bodies could offer different variants which would then be completed in another workshop by the buyer ...
    It will manufacture the radiator masks ... and some kind of hood ... of course not be like the original ...
    Another problem and a big one is the chassis ... There are no manufacturers in Argentina, only a few original ... but very few ...
    So my friend would be in the most remote test version of all this adventure ...

Stogy likes this.
  4. But existing so few deuces ! Do a full body without any rust and corrosion .. taking the body for a hot rod project and not an original restoration ... highlighting the fact that it is handmade ... with all the work involved and knowing never equaled a panel stamped by those big presses ... I think that something will turn out well ...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Stogy likes this.

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Good luck with the project. Looks good so far and maybe you can create a market in your homeland.