Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruisin' The Coast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lan240, Sep 5, 2012.

1. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. Aviator

Aviator

I'll be driving a 31 Ford Roadster.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Any word on Issac damage, if any? Gary

4. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

The Mississippi coast did not get hit that hard just a lot of rain. From what I understand there was not a lot of damage. the Biloxi Seafood Festival this weekend and everything is opened as normal.

5. JMel

JMel

I went two years ago...was my 27s first event. Had a blast, wish I could go again.

6. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I have gone the past 5 years and it has always been a lot of fun. Lots of cool cars, swap meet and Cruisin up and down the coast. My 38 is not ready so I will be in my Crew cab Silverado,

7. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I'll be there the 8th-12th, but not in either of my cars

8. Judd

Judd

I'll be around in my 62 Galaxie.

Attached Files:

9. willys_truck

willys_truck

I will be there again this year, going to be there fri-sun. I used to go down on weds, but the hotel rates went sky high after katrina.

10. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

They have jacked up the rates. I think I got a room in 2010 for $99 a night and this year it was $169.

11. 29moonshine

29moonshine

will be there thur-sunday staying in ocean springs for 89 a night. will be driving the 29

12. imma be there, i'll give you a holler if i see you.

13. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

So Flamin' ace what are you going to be driving so I can keep an eye out for you?

14. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

coast is fine, all dried out now, anyone need help finding a room, let me know

15. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I have my clothes packed already cant wait to go driving down thurs am

16. if i can get it running in time maybe a 59 ford f100, but that's really more of a dream than reality. if not you'll either see me in a brand new ford flex or a white 04 chevy shortcab truck. i'll be the pimply fifteen year old riding shotgun. what are you drivin'?

17. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

The wife and I will be there in her T bucket. With any luck I will have my 56 Ford there as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I will be in my 2012 Crew cab Chevy. The 38 Chevy is not ready for the trip yet.

19. +++Anyone coming have any interest in meeting up for HAMB'r meet-n-greet? Post if you are and if there's enough interest I'll call a place and time.+++

Ian wish I it were further out or I was closer, we need to get that 38 humpback down here. Era styled cars are a little sparse at the CTC but I posted some pix from last years event: 2011 CTC Thread w/ pix

Couple of little known cool things to do for most out-of-towners who attend the cruise are:
    • Souped Up Saturday on Oct. 6th at Bible Baptist Church, Gulfport Ms. This ones Free, Free, Free!!!! They even give away an engine.
    • Swap Meet & Drags October 10-13th at Gulfport Dragway.

20. Let me know about this "meet up." I will only be there on the weekend thanks to school, oh well. But if you decide on a place and time pm me and I'll try my hardest to make it.

21. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

We need to see if we can set up a meet and greet. Saturday the 13th would work for me.

22. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cherrydeuce, are you coming over for the Taboo Tiki show in diamondhead- September 21-23 2012? im mean, your car is on the flyer anyway
    maybe we can come up with ideals then

23. kracker36

kracker36

My wife and I are taking our vehicles down for the whole week. I just got my SBF in my 36 International broke in and am finishing up some wiring to have it ready. Looking forward to a great week and am hoping that the weather is as nice as it was last year.

24. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I thought about trying to set up a tent for Pinstriping......It would need to be at Cruise Central to be worth while.......Most events want so much for venders, by the time you get there, set up and pay your vender dues....you just end up being a drawing card for the even and make no money..........Maybe that's why I stopped going to shows to pinstripe......the older I get, the smarter I get...hehehe

25. is this dimondhead show on the weekend? and is it like, dimondhead Mississippi? cause if it is ill see you there.

26. 29moonshine

29moonshine

hey don i need something done on my truck will you still be at the same spot you was last year when my steering broke.

27. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

No, they tore that corner lot up....Nothing but sand there now.....also sold my Motorcoach........I'll be there, but not pinstriping........thanks.

28. Yep and Yep F'n Ace, glad you asked...it's on the grounds of the Diamondhead Inn and Suites in Mississippi, week after this one, Sept. 21-23...here's a link to the HAMB Event Coverage Thread.
    Click here for Taboo Tiki thread

You bet Stu, I'm gonna be there the whole weekend. Yep it's my car...I volunteered to help a few buddies who wanted to put on the show and they surprised me by plastering my car on the flier. She ain't no pin-up for traditional but it was a nice gesture.
    We can discuss there, that'd be fine with me. Not too familiar with places around here but how about we think of some cool old Gulf Coast venues as a backdrop to have it at?? (Well at least one that was left from Katrina, ha) I thought maybe the VA (Cruise Central) but a lot of folks come down just to cruise and don't enter so perhaps a place outside the show venues?

I'm easy Ian, we'll try and see if the 13th is cool with everyone it's swell with me.

29. Look'n forward to catching up with you Tannergang,
    The Taboo Tiki show has no charge for vendors to come and set up if you're interested, not nearly as big as CTC but free!
    Plus the Coast Cruisers are setting up in the corner of the Edgewater Mall parking lot during CTC. It's free, outside the show venue, with lots of traffic.

30. I'll be in diamond head, see you guys there.