Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruisin' The Coast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stainlesssteelrat, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Judd

Judd

I was jonesin over that Dodge cab over with the ramp bed! Throw on some paint dump the BBC and that flame throwin crap and install the Cummins /overdrive auto out of my ugly 92 Dodge and I'd have the perfect hauler for my Comet!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ran into MIKE-3137 and cherryduece, next year we're gotta plan on having a HAMB-meet

Attached Files:

3. Rustyproject

Rustyproject
    from Clinton,Ms

There is the 29 I was talking about. I didn't notice the alternator when I saw it. More proof its a driver. I would be willing to drive for a Hamb get together. I almost suggested we have one this year. Looks like we would have had a good crowd. I didn't see Mike-3137's car but i really like the stance.

4. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Hi Stu, was good to finally put a face with a name...That'd be great if we could get a Hamb meet next year, maybe get a spot on the beach..I know there had to be hambers around all week...

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm going next year but need to make motel reservations well in advance. Any suggestions on a decent motel in a good area for the event? Been thinking of Ocean Springs but motel prices seem to be sky high. Our Florida Pan Handle home is only about 175 miles from Biloxi.

6. Like your long roof Gman, it'll definitely fit in at the cruise, saw several this year all well done too. Couldn't make from your post if you'd been before so here's my observation on places to stay.
    This year with more than 5000 registered cars there was well over 8K total conservatively who don't register. The action at night seems to center around Biloxi/Gulfport even though all those cruisers are found for 30+ miles on beach rd. Hwy. 90., from Bay St. Louis to Ocean Springs (OS). You mentioned OS, great hanging spot on the weekend, lame at night. Prices all over <100 before Thursday, on the + side on the weekend. Cheaper off the beach back towards the 10, short 10 minute ride will put money in the wallet for the swap meet later.
    I dig the old skool motels which ain't many left since you know who blew through, stayed the last few years at the Flamingo Beach Inn because it's right in the thick of it at night, rethinking the plan for next year if we can get the low down on a place to park a camper. The appeal of kickin back right on the beach road watching hotrods cruise 90 with friends around a bonfire was everywhere and had me to thinkin. It'd be great to set up a camp HAMB with a line up of traditional's representing in a sea of Barrett Jackson catalog drive offs.
    Anyway there's plenty of spots along the beach to park and take in the rides at night, a bed to me is more peripheral but you asked so here's a few right on Hwy. 90 and in Biloxi:
    Super 8
    Econo Lodge Hotel
    Ramada Limited Beach
    I just went to hotel.com and put in the zip (39531), pulled up a ton. Pay no attention to the distance from Hwy. 90 either that the site displays, you can spit and hit the asphalt from any one of those. I just called the Ramada to check for you and think if you called back during the day the manager would most likely give a better rate for more than the weekend minimum. The flunkie that answered the phone gave me the weekend rate for all week, 124. every day all week and I know that's way more than some folks I know who stayed there for more than 3 nights.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Cherrydeuce, thanks for the heads up. Its always difficult going to a place for the first time. I've been dealing with too many issues to make it this year. Will be there for sure next year.
    Not sure if your aware of it, but in our area (between Panama City and Destin) there's a rod run November 7-12, 2011 which is patterned after after Cruisin the Coast. Its called Emerald Coast Cruisin. Check out their web site. $10,000 cash giveaway, swap meet and special guest Linda Vaughn. Should be an easy drive from the Alabama coast. If you decide to go and I can help you with motel or hotel info please let me know. I know the manager of a beach front hotel and could probably get you a deal. I live just a few minutes from where most of the action takes place.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  8. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I can vouch for the Emerald Coast cruise, Been there several times, its in a great place, and a lot of cool cars turn out...Gman, i'd also appreciate any info on a reasonable hotel there.....

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mike-3137, I spoke to the hotel manager and they said they will offer a group rate to those attending the Emerald Coast Cruisin. They are going to email me the details. Once I get it I will post the information. How about a reasonable hotel in OS?

10. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there should several more hotels open by next year,plus the margaritaville casnio should be ready so hopefully there will be some more afordable options. anyone is more than welcome to stay at my place.

11. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I'll find out...Unfortunately I don't have any hotel buddies, You want to be on the beach? Might be a lot cheaper at one of the hotels on the O.S. exit at I10...

12. pistonhead

pistonhead
    from Chicago

keep the pics posting

13. Only had a few more, dollar store batteries just couldn't hang.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A show's got some class when a 50's Flxible Motor Coach rolls in to town
    [​IMG]
    I've riddin the Special Bus before but it was never this long or that nice...and smelled much worse as I recall
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Token Waffle House shot
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mike-3137, Information from the Manager of the Gulf front Holiday Inn 1127 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach. Phone # 850-230-4046. $89 per night group rate for rod run attendees. The hotel is right on the beach and is in the middle of all the action. $89 seems like a pretty good price for a Gulf front hotel. See you there.

15. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

thanks..I'll call....planning to go..I'd love to bring my car but will probably have to go in the daily driver...wife,2 kids plus luggage ain't happening in a roadster..