Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest DAHIO drag strip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ntfday, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ntfday

ntfday

In 1959 at 15 years old I was the flagman for DAHIO drag strip just west of Dayton, Ohio. I was wondering if anyone would happen to have any pictures from that season.
    At that time NHRA member clubs helped at the drag strip and our club, VIKING CUSTOMS, was assigned to the starting line. We ran on Sundays and the third week the flagman didn't show so the strip manager asked for a volunteer. Nobody wanted the job so I said why not and flagged for the rest of the season.
    I'd sure appreciate a picture if anyone has one.

Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where have you been...2005 5th post... Welcome...;)...There have been a number of pics shared here that do in fact have Flagmen in them...we've had a Good week with connecting dots...We'll see what the Team digs up...

Okay @ntfday time to share your pics from back in the day...any Hotrods in your collection...

Just Gary likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a start, click on this link below...it's a Thread by one of The Hambs Veteran Hotrod Artists, @Jeff Norwell on Flagmen...;)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/help-i-need-pics-of-flagmen.164524/

I suspect since you've been here so many years on the Hamb you have searched the numerous drag related Threads and if not I feel you stand a better chance to find an image with yourself flagging as flagman are actually part of but not the main focus here...

Heres a few I found...

jumping-flag-man-efield.jpg

1960s-man-jumping-waving-checkered-flag-vintage-images.jpg

los-inicios-drag-racing-3_750x.jpg

1fa22d032735e84b77ec05302cc7afea.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    catdad49 and Jeff Norwell like this.