Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help!...I need pics of FLAGMEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

..I need some shots of Flagmen starting out a drag race....If you have some pics..can ya post them for me?

Many thanks
    Jeff:)

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

at first I missed the "L" in FLAGMEN. I thought this was gonna get ugly.
    gasser wars has tons of 'em!

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Probably the best Life magazine cover ever! IMHO:D The boy's got "hops".

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ha ha...thanks fellas....fagmen.....hahah.....no thats Rashys site....hahahah

5. Actung! This guy is your man.....not this pic...but he's your man. One of the Hot Heads East guys. All my pics the cars are in the way. But I have seen a excellent picture of this guy here, he really goes for it. Great day, great show!

Attached Files:

6. mikes51

mikes51

7. Could'nt find the pic I wanted, found theses though. Time to get in the garge, good luck!

Attached Files:

8. Could'nt find the pic I wanted, found these though. Time to get in the garage, good luck!

9. Gigantor

Gigantor

Not exactly a "Flagman" per se, but a vintage photo of a friend of mine, circa 66 or so. I just really like the gesture and body language of this captured pose.
    [​IMG]
    Can provide a higher resolution pic upon request.

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great guys...Lux.I will go check out Gasser wars... scheeet...should thought of that... need another coffee...:eek:

11. Here I am being flag started last summer at Beaver Springs Dragway. They do a round of flag starting during the York US 30 Nostalgia Super Stock Nats.

Attached Files:

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

flag men were so animated.

I don't think I would move that much even if I were on fire.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In the new Church mini book there is an AWESOME and I mean AWESOME photo of a flag starter. Perhaps Colby or someone else will post it. I'm at work and I don't have access to it right now.

14. Go to my site and look at my folder "Photos from other sources" or something like that. There's a few in there.

15. old beet

old beet

Dude, you red lighted!...........OLDBEET

16. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Man that guy on the cover of Life could be in the NBA ! Ever see the current IHRA guy in the Red Coat ?

17. Nope, cut a .007 light on that run!!! My best light of the day. They still had us stage off of the tree. Someone in the tower pushed the green light button when the dude jumped. Not real scientific but it was cool. They only do it during qualifying so r/t doesn't matter at that point.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Troublemaker 427.....DUDE..I LOVE your Fairlaine!!.....the best year ever made!
    I had a chance at a 390-4 speed one when I was a kid.....dang....I love them cars....bench seat....steelies.....dog dish caps.....mmmmmm....I smell rubber.

many thanks fellas!

19. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

@Dirtiest Devil: Thats Holly from the Hotheads East Carclub from Finsterwalde in Germany. Nice guy. They make a great Race each year on an old russian airfield. We Krazy Krauts go there every year.

Here´s a good Pic:
    [​IMG]

20. old beet

old beet

Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!......OLDBEET

21. Yup, thats him. I was there this year, great show, great people. I shoild be there next year for it as well. I'll never miss another hill climb in Sweden, those guys are my buddies, A Bombers know whats up in my opinion, nicest bunch of hot rodders I've met. That German/Russian air force base is crazy. See you next year!

22. Here's a well known photo from the northwest, flagging off Roger Simonatti's 32 pickup, on the right, and an unidentified coupe on the left.

Mick

Attached Files:

23. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

This guy needs to switch to decaf:D :D

24. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Dumb question but related..........at what point of the flag waving do the guys on the line leave? on the down-stroke?

25. I'm flagging off the Syndicate Scaderia at Mission Raceway about 1965.

Attached Files:

26. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

gfgjkghkljhl;

Attached Files:

27. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Here's my dad. He was a flag starter at Fremont Drag Strip in Nor Cal between like 1963-1965 ish. Probably a little more stoic that what you want...........but still.

Attached Files:

28. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

rthstrhg

Attached Files:

29. Brush,

These aren't photos,...Hope this helps?!?

Attached Files:

30. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

@Dirtyest Devil: When You are there this year, just ask some guys from the "Krazy Krauts Kustom Klub" (T-Shirts) for Buddy and we´ll have a couple of beers. Or be on the lookout for a flat black 59er ElCamino, thats mine....