Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 Can Go Straight To Hell...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

2018 Can Go Straight To Hell...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

damn.. I hope she feels better man :)

fauj, biggeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. belair

belair

A well is hole in the ground you put money into. If lightning or fire ants don't get it, something else will. Anyway, hope the daughter gets better, and 2018's troubles all just came at once. And I went to Texas Tech. Remind what a bowl game is?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I hope things are on an upturn for you and yours!

5. ..they say crap comes in threes, sometimes I believe it,can't believe this bad weather that's hit 2/3 of the U.S...hopefully it'll only get better from here...good luck to you all.

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

It'll end on a far better note than it started.

RustyBullet and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. 2rustynutz

2rustynutz
    from Oregon

Hope your daughter gets better soon. To make up for the well controller, please restock the beanies and I might order a bunch of beanies and shirts. Thanks.

8. alchemy

alchemy

You have had it bad. But you should not really be surprised by the OU loss. (Go ISU!)

9. Actually I am feeling good about 2018. Yes it has been very cold earlier than normal but maybe we will have an early spring. I am glad however to see 2017 go in the can. The last two months of 2017 My wife was told her bladder cancer had returned (she starts treatment this week). I lost a good friend from back in the old neighborhood (the brother of my sister-in-law). My best friend and best dog I ever had needed to be put down. My mother-in-law fell while walking out of a local restaurant two days before Christmas and it was right on her face. She looked like she had been in a bar fight. Then on Christmas day her cousin and best friend died after only three weeks of being ill. So let's all pray that 2018 is better with lots of roadster weather. So Ryan think positive! I hope your daughter has a full recovery. I wish everyone a great 2018.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    F&J, tb33anda3rd and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Jake Sippl

Jake Sippl
    from Detroit MI

best wishes Ryan. Hope she feels better man

11. Jake Sippl

Jake Sippl
    from Detroit MI

X2. I want one of those beanies BAD

12. Keep your chin up, man, and tell the daughter to keep her head down. Those damn stilts can be painful. Whenever things seem like they are going completely off track, I tell myself, this can't last forever, it has to get better. Good luck, there's a lot of good things ahead for you and the Family still in 2018.......Don.

flamingokid likes this.
  13. Sometimes it just seems like the whole world is ganging up on you.:D 26ec8cc75250ec15a0681d3fe81_prev_thumb.jpg

14. belair

belair

x3 on the beanies

15. WTF really

WTF really

Guess it's better to get the the crappie lol luck out of the way early. The rest of the year should be much more gooderest now. Lol

F&J, 48fordnut and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. 2018 brought busted water pipes & dead battery's but our problems are minor in comparison to health issues.

A stranger approached me when I was sitting in the emergency waiting room in 1989 and said he had overheard my daughter & granddaughter had been hit head on by a drunk driver and dhe & my granddaughter was pulled out of a burning car by a off duty fireman.

She was 8 months pregnant and had severe head injury's and was in surgery,the granddaughter was being treated for minor injurys.

She had just left the funeral home to buy a dress to attend my dad's funeral,I was as low as a man could get,my dad had just died and I feared my daughter & unborn grandson may be next.

I talked to the Chaplin at the hospital and I sure he meant well but the total stranger told me the sky's are dark and cloudy but the sun will come out again,maybe not today or next week but the sun will shine again...I thought what a load of crap but his words stuck with me more than any words from clergy or family and I have thought of those words many times in my life.

I sincerely wish you all a happy new year and for the members that have health issues you are in my thoughts. HRP

47ragtop, Mikel50, rab71 and 4 others like this.
  17. it was a good New Years day....my team won. Roll Tide

spent most of New Years day putting in new batteries in cars that should have gotten them months ago

48fordnut likes this.
  18. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

Best of luck...hope things get better...... Mark

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and ct1932ford like this.
  19. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Go Dawgs...
    both my kids the last 4 years have been sick before or during Christmas break...same this year too but the double OT game made us all feel better....and oh yea the Bills made the playoffs as well....HMMM I'm kind of liking 2018 so far

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Baker's a dick. Go Bucks!

Irish Mike likes this.
  21. BLAKE

BLAKE

Hang in there, boss. BTW... this hotel in town... does it have a bar?

Outback, lothiandon1940 and belair like this.
  22. I'm with you. My grandson got a sidewalk to the face and stiches in the chin for Christmas, and our well house burned to the ground new years day... odd parallel... keep the faith, it makes for a low bar for the year to get better...

Corvette Fever likes this.
  23. pumpman

pumpman

IMG_1237.JPG Been dealing with is stuff before Christmas, batteries are dead and the damn hoods are frozen shut.

mgtstumpy, lothiandon1940 and 6inarow like this.
  24. A HAMB beanie to compliment the JALOPY JOURNAL beanie. HRP

tb33anda3rd, ct1932ford and catdad49 like this.
  25. Damn. That's rough. Nothing worse than a sick kid. My kid brother got pneumonia December got well enough to go back to work for 3 days and it came back again. Not so bad to most people but with CF it ain't a walk in the park for him. He's been down to 30% lung function but improving.

26. Just thinkin' here, since my well controller didn't go out, maybe I can afford a set of those aluminum Y-block heads you were talking about!
    But seriously, Happy New Year boss. Cuts heal, ice thaws and things can only get better from here on.

27. Hope the daughter gets well soon

and Mayfield gets drafted by the Browns...they deserve each other

Irish Mike, 6inarow and Ryan like this.
  28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I too hope she gets well.
    Moving her to a motel may actually be a good idea. It’ll isolate her from the rest of the family.
    For you southerners who aren’t used to cold snaps like this. If you have exposed pipes, turn on a water faucet to a FAST drip.
    It’ll prevent your pipes from freezing.

29. Hopefully you daughter will bounce back with no permanent scars and as good as new.

On another note I have to thank you,today at the age of 67 I have learned that a stilt is the same thing I have always refereed to as a stilk, a localism I suppose. HRP

30. catdad49

catdad49

Ryan, to me there's nothing worse than a sick or injured child. Your Daughter will soon be 100% and her stitches nothing but a story to tell her friends. Football is football and well...................... Stay Positive, things will be back to normal before you know it!

F&J and belair like this.