Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Ever Happened to..........?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by OG lil E, Apr 19, 2016.

1. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Dean is a good friend of ours. We have the original show card from him. The lavender car is not his. The black one is. Last we knew it was still in Fl.
    Dean is an excellent pinstriper, he striped our Lincoln. Unfortunately he put his brushes up quite a few yrs ago.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. John B

John B

About freakin time you showed up here!

3. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Wayne and Dean Bordner went to high school together

4. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Haha, did ya miss me?

5. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

5 down now!!! Do it!!! Lol

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Omg that was Harold Irwins Lincoln from IL. I didn't know he passed away. How sad, great guy

7. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Arctic sands was destroyed in a fire, Phil was able to salvage the taillights from sands, to use in Attic Gold. Sadly Phill passed away possibly 4 or 5 years ago. ( time gets away, so I could be wrong on years. No idea where the car is today

8. Haven't been able to find anything on Ray's '39.

I do remember seeing it in the magazines. I thought it was cool then.... made me want a '39 or '40 sedan with a carson top!

9. Keep the additional info coming @KustomLincolnLady
    Great to have you filling in details!

10. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

We are going to Don's show Sept 30, in Dayton Oh. I will have to remember to ask him

11. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thank you, hell of a thread, only on page 18, gonna be a late night, and an even longer day at work tomorrow, lol

12. Hard to believe we are up to 77!

Thanks again Ed for putting these together, I know it takes time.
    Many of us look forward to your posts.
    Definitely a highlight of my week!

13. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Yes I do, lots of pics of his car, but not on my phone. Heck I don't even know how to post pics with this new format.

OG lil E, 54delray and Sancho like this.
  14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

That was bad, we watched the Lincoln get hailed on too

rodncustomdreams and Moriarity like this.
  15. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Sad that Ron and Linda didn't make it to CCR this year. He told us the Merc he brought in 2016 was sold when he got back home. He sold the Pontiac a long time ago , it's a dark color now, can't remember for sure what color, has graphics now. I have a picture somewhere

16. There was a magazine ad I remember that had a profile illustration of a Ford very similat to Ray's.
    Bob Drake maybe? C. W. Moss?

17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I took this picture back in 82 in Des Moines KKOA show. I`ve always loved this car, and how can you forget a name like Grimm. I didn`t know how to take pictures of cars very well back then, so the actual size of my photo is 1 x 2 inches after cropping it down. I am able to fit more on my garage walls that way. The color is a straight red, not a candy color. Scan0413.jpg Sancho, was the profile on the bottom of the page for the Lead East advertisement, with smoke coming out of the lake pipes? Or was it an advertisement for lead sled videos from Lead East.

18. Hey Bill, thanks for the compliment! The research does take time but it's worth it.
    This thread has been bitter sweet for me. I like researching the cars and learning more about their history and builders and owners and such. But, finding out how many of those great custom folks are no longer with us is a sad thing.
    Also, knowing that the KKOA and the custom scene will never be like it was back then is very disappointing. Oh well, time marches on..........

Welcome back Kustom Lincoln Lady! We've missed you around here! Now, if we could get a lot more of the custom people that used to be here to come back we could really get the custom side of the HAMB rollin'! E

19. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

I have already seen this Mercury once this summer. It has Falcon insert in the lower body. I have pix of this from the Frankensteiners show from 2015. I thought it was a local car

rodncustomdreams, drdave and OG lil E like this.
  20. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

I have all those MOPAR pix from different shows that have been posted already,the primer one with the rear fender scoops,I see at the Back to the 50's show every year. The chopped brown one with the Candy Scallops,I saw 50's-09 4 (51).JPG in 1986 KKOA and have it on video,the Pinkish 50 with the Visor I have from the 92 KKOA from Holland and just looked at them a few days ago. I will look later for the other ones

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. Possibly. I don't remember the smoke..... but then again I can't find the ad either. I'll have to dig around some tonight.

23. Another version of Pinky. Skinny WW's, and smoked headlight covers.....
    I wanted to point out the skirts, they appear to be different than in the other photos. Cool how the lower wind-split is incorporated in the skirt!
    ScottPaveyPhoto290-vi.jpg

24. Man, the owner of this custom was constantly changing things and tinkering. It went through many, many versions.
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the version with the earlier Desoto grille has cut down teeth (especially you @drdave--sorry couldn't resist :rolleyes:). E

Scan0411.jpg

25. Haha! That's funny Ed! I hadn't noticed, but now that I see it I can only think what a waste of Desoto teeth. LOL

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A while back I borrowed these pics from FB. This sedan made me love Carson topped Kustoms.

6e54ee77c759303507a186677dd9f51d.jpg

de6b3bf061b1f1b878423810f906825a.jpg

c9bb82838b22baad3583360ca4a0f16f.jpg

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I believe that is @PasoJohn 56 dodge parked next to it. he ran that color primer for a while back then

28. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Mark, I didn't know you were friends with Johnny Z. We talked to him so much that weekend. He was so nice, fell in love with his buick. Always wondered what happens to it. Hung out with him at the root beer stand. We had our 69 Lincoln there. ( wish we still had that!!)

29. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

These are my pictures lol, loved that car and the Buick!

30. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I have to check with Rob, but I think this was Bobby Simpsons!!! If it is I have pics of it. He was from Blountville TN, passed away several years ago. Built beautiful cars