Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features DOHC bangers pic post?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theHIGHLANDER, Jun 14, 2014.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure if the prefix is right, but I'd like to see DOHC 4s in Model As or anything else that works/applies. New or old, rare or common, what works out well? I've seen some modern engines converted to carbs and dressed in a way that would warm the hearts of the most hardassed traditional rodders. The thing is that all the newer ones are like alphabet soup to me, as in I couldn't even begin to pick one. I tried a search and got a phonebook of related stuff, but didn't find a pic post. Thanks in advance...

2. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

3. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

4. silent rick

silent rick

do offys and millers count?

[​IMG]

5. Don't have a pic of one but if late model is what you are after the Pontiac quad 4 is about as good as it gets performance and looks wise.

Rick,
    I doubt that in my lifetime I will ever own one but hell yes offys and millers count. :cool:

6. silent rick

silent rick

what about a gallivan in a T hillclimber? this one sports gemsa's name but it's the same thing.

[​IMG]

the guy who owns the patterns for the gallivan is here on the hamb. he's made a couple castings. they are T based at the moment but some time in their past the patterns were modified for use on an A block and then changed back.

[​IMG]

7. silent rick

silent rick

8. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Ran against this guy at newport, that is one wicked T.

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Here are some of my more modern favorites and some oldie and moldie classics. An Ecotec 2.0T is going into my model A coupe, as I'm particularly impressed by the HP / displacement / cost relationships of the current crop of 2.0T offered by a variety of mfgs world wide. I would have preferred an Alfa (I-6 being even better) being a big fan of those cars, but a 250-300 hp version is pretty much a race motor, compared to the newer Chevys (and others) not to mention the reliability and MPGs you get in more modern engines. Gary

Attached Files:

10. This thing is awesome !
    Gary, do you have Anymore info, build thread ?

[​IMG]

11. Rick, What's the water pump in the second pic?

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I pondered shaggin the 4 out of my Alero daily. I figure the gas $$$$ I saved when I bought it used paid for the car twice already. Why not keep the DOHC 4, right? Modern? Yes, but as unfolded here it can be made to look the part. The early and Euro versions were the epitome of 4 banger performance. Now it's nothing to see such engineering under the hood of the most mundane late models. I know it's been done a few times already and it might work. For a 3400lb car that Olds scoots pretty good. Take away a 1/2 ton and gear it, well...

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Bud, do a search here or on the web for Dan Webb's Golden Submarine. Gary

14. Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  15. silent rick

silent rick

cass said it's a frontenac piece. he says he has 3 or 4 of them. he said it's right out of the catalog. frontenac has a catalog?

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

17. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8